Berba

  • The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

    Get involved!

Berbatov back at The Lane?

  • Yes

    Votes: 44 43.1%
  • No

    Votes: 58 56.9%

  • Total voters
    102
I would have him back if we can't land a big name striker in this window.

I will always think he is a cunt for what he did to us, but working on the assumption that anything less than Champions League qualification will be a bad start to Project AVB 2.0, we might be able to sign someone truly amazing in Jan if CL looks all but certain or this time next year if we can promise CL football. Until then, Berbatoss has more than enough about him to put a season in for us.

But if we can sign at least one more of the strikers the (N)ITKs have been linking with us, I wouldn't want to see him back.

I want to hate the cunt, but the only way I could ever hate someone capable of [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG4nQhv1Drw[/youtube] or some of the goals he scored for us and Utd is if he played for/signed for the scum.
 

tricky

Supporter
Man up and LOL
1882 said:
I'd still have him back in a heartbeat... does that make me a shallow, naive man?
Not at all.

And whilst you're online, I have a central African friend who is looking to extract his wealth from his former country. OK, so some people at the UN might brand him 'a former dictator, but that's just a label and who doesn't have one of those?

Now if you can just provide me with your bank details, I can transfer the funds, you invoice him for a percentage as 'a handling fee' of say $3million and pass the remainder to his own account.

Oh yeah, and we will need your mothers maiden name, your date of birth, name of your first pet, town of birth for ID checks. One cannot be too careful and we don't get accused of anything by the wonderfully efficient FSA now would we?

And any special four digit numbers that you know might be useful.
 
He was immense for us,let's get him back! Oh but he acted like a complete prick in the 1st couple of games of the new season before he buggered off didn't he,stay away judas. Hang on though, 5m is a bargain,get him back! Oh but he's getting on a bit now,stay away grandad. Hang on though, he's the missing piece, the quality striker at the head of the 433 with more skill than the rest of our strikers put together (that's defoe and...er,defoe),let's get him back! Oh hang on though,he's a tosser. Hmmm does that sum it up for everyone?
 

jimmyriggle

Blatant
god i just watched some of the berbatov youtube vids from when he was at spurs. i'd almost forgotten just how good he was. such a shame he never played in the same side as modric and the bale of the last few years.
 
I just watched a couple of video's too and as well as Berbatov being amazing, I'd forgotten just how good Huddlestone's passing is too, looking forward to having him back this season
 
Marshy said:
He was immense for us,let's get him back! Oh but he acted like a complete prick in the 1st couple of games of the new season before he buggered off didn't he,stay away judas. Hang on though, 5m is a bargain,get him back! Oh but he's getting on a bit now,stay away grandad. Hang on though, he's the missing piece, the quality striker at the head of the 433 with more skill than the rest of our strikers put together (that's defoe and...er,defoe),let's get him back! Oh hang on though,he's a tosser. Hmmm does that sum it up for everyone?

The bit about him being a tosser did, yeah.
 
1882 said:
Unfortunately, when they were as good as Berba, you sometimes have to make an exception... he is one of only 2 (recent, that aren't retired or dead) Spurs players I'd have back in a heart-beat... the other one is Modric (the season after next when his Real Madrid/Man City/Chelsea move goes tits up!) ...in which case, I guess Carrick could also come along as part of the Berba deal... a distorted modern take on Ossie & Ricky if you will!

Incidentally, saw this online... so, just to compare and contrast with some other ex-Spurs players... who from THIS list would you HONESTLY have back... there really aren't many are there?

[ Image ]

Berb broke my heart, seeing him in Man utds ground buildings on transfer day broke my heart. It can only be likened to seeing your GF with someone else. But i'd still have him back, what a player. it's a shame he wasn't around for the 'Arry era.
The other player off of that list would be Adel Taraabt. Still think he has alot to offer, and was never given a chance at Spurs. When he was given a chance ie the West ham 4-3, he changed the game.
 
ThththChrisWaddle said:
1882 said:
Unfortunately, when they were as good as Berba, you sometimes have to make an exception... he is one of only 2 (recent, that aren't retired or dead) Spurs players I'd have back in a heart-beat... the other one is Modric (the season after next when his Real Madrid/Man City/Chelsea move goes tits up!) ...in which case, I guess Carrick could also come along as part of the Berba deal... a distorted modern take on Ossie & Ricky if you will!

The other player off of that list would be Adel Taraabt. Still think he has alot to offer, and was never given a chance at Spurs. When he was given a chance ie the West ham 4-3, he changed the game.

That game was arguably Berba & Adel's finest work together!!
 
Asked if Berbatov actively went on strike to obtain his transfer, Levy said: 'That's something you're going to have to ask him, but clearly he didn't play for those two games. He didn't play.'
'I don't think Berbatov treated this club with the respect that we honestly deserved. We put him on the map. I think he's an outstanding player, but he signed a long-term contract with this club and I think he should have stayed. I had so many conversations with him. He kept saying it was about his ambition to play for Manchester United. It wasn't a money issue. We offered him a new contract and he wasn't even interested in discussing it.'

Duncan Castles
The Observer, Sunday 2 November 2008


Cant believe that 41% would be happy to see this piece of shit back at the club. "Oooh he's so sublime"

:goonermong:
 
"Dimitar Berbatov was a player who we brought to this club at a time when Man United were interested in him. He made a conscious decision to come to this club, we invested a lot of money, nobody had ever heard of Dimitar Berbatov when we bought him."
"A year later with 10 days to go to the end of the window he tells us he wants to leave to go to Manchester United. We were very disappointed."

DL
 

Smoked Salmon

Finest human being of all time
sammyspurs said:
Asked if Berbatov actively went on strike to obtain his transfer, Levy said: 'That's something you're going to have to ask him, but clearly he didn't play for those two games. He didn't play.'
'I don't think Berbatov treated this club with the respect that we honestly deserved. We put him on the map. I think he's an outstanding player, but he signed a long-term contract with this club and I think he should have stayed. I had so many conversations with him. He kept saying it was about his ambition to play for Manchester United. It wasn't a money issue. We offered him a new contract and he wasn't even interested in discussing it.'

Duncan Castles
The Observer, Sunday 2 November 2008


Cant believe that 41% would be happy to see this piece of shit back at the club. "Oooh he's so sublime"

:goonermong:
I think we have to do what is in the interests of the club.

As much as I have very bad memories of that time and loathe him for it, if the man was capable of eating humble pie and acknowledging that times had changed then I think I could just about stomach a return if the result of it was that he and ade registered 40 odd goals between them for next term. With players like Bale and VDV adding to the tally, that's a goal return good enough for top four form. Once he gets old and shit we get rid of him in a heartbeat without remorse.

I haven't voted in the poll yet as I can't fully make my mind up on this point.
 
Levy said: “We had a player who had refused to play two games for us, having a detrimental affect on the dressing-room”.

The Tottenham chairman added: “We’d known for a year that the player had wanted out of this club. We were very disappointed. Dimitar Berbatov was a player who we brought to this club at a time when Man Utd were interested in him."



No player is bigger than the club. Fuck him, and his diminishing skills.....is this what people see as part of our new era???
 
He doesn't even want Spurs. I bet he'd hate to end up back here.

I hope he gets stuck at United and sits on the bench.
 
Top Bottom