Bournemouth (A) 1230KO - 4th May.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm hoping your choice of picture to show that you are winning is laced with a huge dose of irony John Thomas John Thomas !!! :sonhmm:
Not really
That guy was the information minster or something like that and he was saying we are in control ie winning while coallation forced were in Iraq but not in the capital. After the fall of Baghdad he resigned and left to another gulf country to write his memoirs haha

please don't use that word again. I'm resigned to the 'c' word but no excuse for the other one.
I think even the C word gets thrown around too easily on here Mrs P
Standards have dropped in recent times. We should all be able to make our point without the need for such crassness.

How were Take That btw. My daughter's a massive fan.

Honestly, you watch us week after week and you still get people telling us we can't trust kids like KWP, Skipp, Roles etc.

How much worse could they actually be?

13 defeats. That's more than our last two seasons put together.

The only major change is this midfield. We've actually added a forward and still have all the others and AM's, same defenders.

But no, RB is the problem eh??

And it definitely isn't bollocks we are lacking, it's fucking brains.

We need to swap fucking units like Dier and Sissoko for some actual footballers, and we desperately need a player with some wit and composure in the final third or we are going to be fucked next season, even worse than this.
If we don't get intelligent players in but get units in that Poch has sanctioned, is he still the right manager for us or has he taken us as far as he can?

Lamest support? Fans showing their frustration at the attitude of the team in games like that doesn't equal lame support its the opposite. Top 4 is the future of the team so we want them to finish their to kick on next season. You're the kind that settles for any old shit happily. That's up to you. Clear lack of passion from you. Yes you definitely sound like the quite type if you even go to games.

Note: I'm deliberately using the word "support".

Good day to you.

A lot of claims saying our players lack the big game mentality. We have pulled out some last minute successes this season, more than prior years it feels. I think Poch is correct, we are punching far above our weight so whether it is big game mentality, fatigue, or just inadequate players, I believe we still have the craft to dig out a win at home.

A lot of claims saying our players lack the big game mentality. We have pulled out some last minute successes this season, more than prior years it feels. I think Poch is correct, we are punching far above our weight so whether it is big game mentality, fatigue, or just inadequate players, I believe we still have the craft to dig out a win at home.
All of the above reasons you mentioned are to blame in part along with poch getting it wrong and the ridiculous decision to have a self imposed transfer ban for a couple of windows absolute nonsense.

All of the above reasons you mentioned are to blame in part along with poch getting it wrong and the ridiculous decision to have a self imposed transfer ban for a couple of windows absolute nonsense.

How has Poch got it wrong outside the rumors of him turning down some players in the January window. Which if true, he needs to take blame because players like Tielemans would have filled a major void. But outside of that, he has worked wonders with a paper thin squad. If Salah, or Aubameyang, or Hazard were out of the squad for 14 PL games do you think Pool, Wool, or Chelsea would be where they are? I highly doubt it. The mentality question, which I was originally responding to, comes down to fatigue and lack of depth in my opinion. We don't lack mentality, we lack depth and yes, that is our own doing and we should never repeat that horrible transfer ban again.

How has Poch got it wrong outside the rumors of him turning down some players in the January window. Which if true, he needs to take blame because players like Tielemans would have filled a major void. But outside of that, he has worked wonders with a paper thin squad. If Salah, or Aubameyang, or Hazard were out of the squad for 14 PL games do you think Pool, Wool, or Chelsea would be where they are? I highly doubt it. The mentality question, which I was originally responding to, comes down to fatigue and lack of depth in my opinion. We don't lack mentality, we lack depth and yes, that is our own doing and we should never repeat that horrible transfer ban again.
Let's hope the transfer ban gets lifted mate

I think even the C word gets thrown around too easily on here Mrs P
Standards have dropped in recent times. We should all be able to make our point without the need for such crassness.

How were Take That btw. My daughter's a massive fan.
The 'c' word is bandied around so much on here, that it has lost his shock value and in some cases appears to be a term of endearment! I don't like it, but would be a hypocrite to ask for it to be banned, as in very extreme circumstances, it has been known to slip out :oops:
Take That were that brilliant, that I'm just waiting to go in again tonight. I can trust them to lift my spirits, as I have been in such a bad mood since yesterday afternoon. At least Brighton did us a bit of a favour.
Onwards and upwards my fellow Lilywhites.

iraqiinformationminister.jpg
You stupid, intellectual pygmy.
Where did I say anything of the sort?
Wanker.

I'm hoping your choice of picture to show that you are winning is laced with a huge dose of irony John Thomas John Thomas !!! :sonhmm:
It's dickheads way of having a go at me, by attempting to ridicule me for something I neither said nor intimated.
I simply made the observation that some posters need little or no impetus to start slagging the club off, so this defeat was always going to be the perfect opportunity to bang out the same tunes on their drums.
I haven't read the thread so I'm guessing I scored a direct hit with the man named penis.

Is that some kind of euphemism?
It was an assault, he should have been carded as a minimum, given a red for both the tactical and physical aspects and euthanised at pitch side for the sake of sporting justice.

Perhaps a little Draconian but you get my point
Of course I agree with you, Mick. It was fucking scandalous, and no hope of retroactive action seeing as the cretin of a ref was looking straight at it. It was just a reference to your hatred of tactical talk.

Of course it is. It's the posters melting about the melting it's aimed at my man.
Like everythings good and we should just shut the fuck up.

So, tell me. what did you read into it SouthCoastSpur SouthCoastSpur
It made me laugh to be honest at the irony of the choice of pic!

Do you know what, it is what it is. I believe there was money to spend last summer on the right players at the right price but the stadium has had an impact. Whether it was Poch being too choosy or the prices/wages were to much, right players not available we will never know but I backed that as it was right at the time.

We have suffered though with a lot of injuries that has left the squad thin and lacking in quality in certain places.

I'm also confident that will be sorted this summer. I think Poch and the club will have learnt a lesson this year that wont be repeated and perhaps this season was needed to highlight that.

Back
Top Bottom