Brighton Vs Tottenham - Sun 31st Jan 7:15pm - Live On Sky.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Result

• Brighton Win

Votes: 57 33.1%
  • Spurs Win

Votes: 65 37.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 50 29.1%

• Total voters
Hate to say but I think the top 4 might end as is

the <removed>s unfortunately looked immediately better with tuchel

we’ve made a right pigs ear out of this season

still a win today won’t hurt
Agree, i dont think we'll do it. Pretty much everyone in the top half looks in better shape than we do. Just hope we can win a few to maybe change momentum or at least keep the table interesting.

I'm not.

I'm not even expecting Jose to play Vinicius. I think he'll do something silly with Lamela and Moura instead.

Still. Fingers crossed eh.
Lucas gets a semi pass as he wasn’t on the pitch v Liverpool. Lamela was hopeless so should be nowhere near the team today.

Bale gets - yet another - pass as he wasn’t on the pitch long but did at least try and pass forwards / not fully sideways.

I do really hope we don’t get Son or Lucas as CF, or a diddy-front- three rotating and doing fuck all (Berg, Son, Lucas) - Poch tried it and Jose has tried it but no-one can pass well enough to bring them into play.

Who knows!

Since the 12th/13th December weekend of football when our season took a turn - we've only won 1 more point than Brighton have. Since that weekend:

Tottenham - 9
Brighton - 8
Newcastle - 8
Fulham - 7
Sheff Utd - 7
West Brom - 6
Wolves - 6

And we've failed to beat half of those teams below us in the form table.

Zc4QPk9.jpg

Hart, Davies, Rodon, Winks, Sissoko, Moura, Lamela, Bale, Scarlett

Since the 12th/13th December weekend of football when our season took a turn - we've only won 1 more point than Brighton have. Since that weekend:

Tottenham - 9
Brighton - 8
Newcastle - 8
Fulham - 7
Sheff Utd - 7
West Brom - 6
Wolves - 6

And we've failed to beat half of those teams below us in the form table.
Now I'm really depressed!

Now I'm really depressed!

Whereas those above us:

Man City - 26
Man Utd - 21
Leicester - 19*
Liverpool - 13**
West Ham - 18***

* Leicester currently drawing with Leeds
** Liverpool play later
*** West Ham play later

Nearly everyone above us has double the amount of points we've got in the same time frame, City nearly have triple. Liverpool haven't - but they've beaten us twice in that period.

Whereas those above us:

Man City - 26
Man Utd - 21
Leicester - 19*
Liverpool - 13**
West Ham - 18***

** Liverpool play later
*** West Ham play later

Nearly everyone above us has double the amount of points we've got in the same time frame, City nearly have triple. Liverpool haven't - but they've beaten us twice in that period.
That makes grim reading.

Don't have a good feeling about this one, Brighton play very good football but they are just incredibly wasteful up front. We look so bad defensively right now it's hard to see them not scoring against us.

I had a similar feeling after Liverpool to the one I had after the 7-2 against Bayern, and we all remember what happened when we went to Brighton three days later. I just don’t think our players are tough enough not to shit themselves. Brighton will smell blood.

Whereas those above us:

Man City - 26
Man Utd - 21
Leicester - 19*
Liverpool - 13**
West Ham - 18***

** Liverpool play later
*** West Ham play later

Grim reading.

The only thing still giving me any sense of hope for the season is that so many teams have gone through bad runs of form this season and have found a way out. We are going through ours now. The biggest difference is that I don’t see Mou doing anything different to give us a chance.

I'll be so disappointed if Vinicius doesn't start today, against one of the worst teams in the league, you got to give Vinnie a go. From past experience, Son/Lucas upfront may work today but it's no the solution unless Kane's only out for a game or two.

Grim reading.

The only thing still giving me any sense of hope for the season is that so many teams have gone through bad runs of form this season and have found a way out. We are going through ours now. The biggest difference is that I don’t see Mou doing anything different to give us a chance.

I think Mourinho HAS at least tried to do something different in that he's since moved to a 3 at the back and to be fair, against Sheff Utd I thought it worked really well.

But against Liverpool, probably due to an injury to Kane in the first half and having Reguilon miss out - it didn't work quite as well.

Will be interesting to see if we keep that today but with Davies at LWB again.

Back
Top Bottom