Burnley (H) 15/05 - 12PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

the reason teams like burnley, the old stoke have this defensive/time waste style for 70mins most games is they believe keep the score 0-0 or be 0-1 even 0-2 behind until the 70 min mark then the attacking team will be thrustrated and nervous and chances will come Burnleys way using high balls into the box and winning the second ball, if they get 1 goal back then the attacking teams really panic's
That was my thinking too: keep it to 0-0, or 1-0, then throw the kitchen sink at your opponent for the last 20-30 minutes. Crap to watch, but can reap rewards. I actually said to the guy next to me that it's like watching Stoke😄

Only could see the first half. Glad I missed the 2nd as would have been dead nervous. Just saw the highlights & we deserved the win especially on such short rest. Yeah we had to rely on a pen & them hitting the post & not going in. But overall we earnt it.

Fans were great today. Conte was getting the fans going because there had been a break in play for a while due to an injury and everything had gone dead. The five minutes after this point was the loudest I've ever heard the Lane. Literally deafening.
Good luck with the sign language

It's because they've watched Spurs put 4 past Villa, 5 past Newcastle, 5 past Everton and even 3 past City.

With a more attacking style they might have scored more, but they're thinking that instead of a single pen, they end up conceding 3+ goals.

We've also showed that we struggle to break down a packed defence.
If a team such as Burnley, show no attacking ambition, other than to try and nick a goal, in the last 20-30 minutes, then in my eyes, they deserve to go down. However, if those tactics work for them, then fair play.

If a team such as Burnley, show no attacking ambition, other than to try and nick a goal, in the last 20-30 minutes, then in my eyes, they deserve to go down. However, if those tactics work for them, then fair play.

Loads of bottom half teams play this way. It's the football equivalent of the rope a dope. Let the opposition slug away until they run out of steam then try and get them on the surprise.

I'd rather we had a lot of shots than just passing around and getting nowhere tbh.
Yeah me too I'm not complaining. Just wish our full backs would use that space they seem to always have in front of them to just go all the way like rose/walker used to. But sess has been a star. Just hit one when it's on

Back
Top Bottom