Carlos Vinicius

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Biggest thing for me is Ali Gold is saying he was Mourinhos first choice

So him along with Doherty & Hojbjerg being first choice in their positions for him, always getting on with Joe Hart, always wanted Bale & us putting effort in with Skriniar everything except maybe Reguilon who looks great are his first choice options

Talk about backing your manager

Is he any good? well Mourinho talked him up back in May when he was linked to Utd and I think Liverpool, so if he's Mourinho's first choice I'll support that. Let's hope the deal is done and there's no late bids from one of our rivals, that's happened before .................
I am sure Mourinho knows few things about football and the players so I trust his judgement....please watch this on buying Drogba

We have Kane
We haven't had a backup striker in what...two years soon?
Option to buy.

" Even as a pitbull on the ball as he is, the fierce character of Carlos doesn’t back down when defending. The Brazilian is an intense presser off the ball and greatly contributes to the defensive side of Benfica’s game."

I guess there will be moaners whomever we got in, but I know I'm very excited. It'll be nice to bring on a defensive minded striker so that Kane can either be rested or at least subbed so he doesn't have to play 90 mins every week. Even if we are playing a team like Newcastle who park the bus it will be great to bring off a defender for another striking option. Kane was dead on his feet midway through the second half and Southgate clearly doesn't give a flying fuck.

We need a striker. It is nearly always a gamble and at the moment, I don't really care who it is*

*Not Troy Deeney pls.
The above hasn't altered my position on this player, one bit.

Copied and pasted from some cunt on another forum regarding a work permit;

For non-EU players, to work in UK - UK home office has to issue the work permit. UK home office, for footballers, will depend on a certificate issued by a FA Governing body. Club who is willing to sign him should lodge a application to this FA body and submit player details.

Eligibility criteria:
  • Internationally established at the highest level
  • whose employment will make a significant contribution to the development of their sport at the highest level”.
Since Brazil is highly ranked, player should have played 30% of their last 2 years of their games youth/senior level. If he has done it, its automatic qualification. Vincius fails here.

Next is subjective to FA body ruling but based on a points based system. As per FA, player should earn 4 points or more.

FA defined Points criteria :

CriteriaPoints
The transfer fee is in the top 25% of all transfers to PL in the last 2 windows3 points
The transfer fee is between the 50th and 75th % of all transfers to PL in the last 2 windows2 points
The wages to the player by the applicant club is in the top 25% of the top 30 earners at the club3 points
The wages to the player by the applicant club are between the 50th and 75th % of all the top 30 earners at the club2 points
Players current club is in a Top League and the player has played in 30% or more of the available domestic league minutes1 point
The player’s current club has played in the group stages or onwards of CL/EL/or Copa Libertadores within the last 12 months and the player has played in 30% or more of the available domestic league minutes1 point

**Caveat - FA Can still reject even if player got 4 points or more.
Also there is another appeal process.

But certainly seems doable, as he played CL groups and league join top scorer in Portugal league. I believe top league includes Portuguese league. This is difference from last season.

I don't know how points are given if its a loan+option transfer. Not sure if that satisfies the first criteria. He currently early only 7.5k a week. So, to satisfy the work permit, if required, we might draw up the contract so that he is paid good wages

Copied and pasted from some cunt on another forum regarding a work permit;

For non-EU players, to work in UK - UK home office has to issue the work permit. UK home office, for footballers, will depend on a certificate issued by a FA Governing body. Club who is willing to sign him should lodge a application to this FA body and submit player details.

Eligibility criteria:
  • Internationally established at the highest level
  • whose employment will make a significant contribution to the development of their sport at the highest level”.
Since Brazil is highly ranked, player should have played 30% of their last 2 years of their games youth/senior level. If he has done it, its automatic qualification. Vincius fails here.

Next is subjective to FA body ruling but based on a points based system. As per FA, player should earn 4 points or more.

FA defined Points criteria :

CriteriaPoints
The transfer fee is in the top 25% of all transfers to PL in the last 2 windows3 points
The transfer fee is between the 50th and 75th % of all transfers to PL in the last 2 windows2 points
The wages to the player by the applicant club is in the top 25% of the top 30 earners at the club3 points
The wages to the player by the applicant club are between the 50th and 75th % of all the top 30 earners at the club2 points
Players current club is in a Top League and the player has played in 30% or more of the available domestic league minutes1 point
The player’s current club has played in the group stages or onwards of CL/EL/or Copa Libertadores within the last 12 months and the player has played in 30% or more of the available domestic league minutes1 point

**Caveat - FA Can still reject even if player got 4 points or more.
Also there is another appeal process.

But certainly seems doable, as he played CL groups and league join top scorer in Portugal league. I believe top league includes Portuguese league. This is difference from last season.

I don't know how points are given if its a loan+option transfer. Not sure if that satisfies the first criteria. He currently early only 7.5k a week. So, to satisfy the work permit, if required, we might draw up the contract so that he is paid good wages

Good news: We finally have a new physical option up front.

Bad news: Priti Patel is going to make him wait in a detention centre off the coast of Africa for 9 months while he's being processed.

Good news: Less damaging to his career stats than the stint at Monaco.

45 mil...

That’s a lot of money for a backup.

c067b2f905783286132dedb01e91b92d_XL.jpg

Genuinely starting to get a buzz now about this team and probably more importantly squad we are assembling. If this goes through just the centre back to complete the jigsaw for this season. We’ll have to see how they perform befire we can say it’s been a great window, but you’d think we’ve finally made some massive strides and Liverpool aside, we should be right back in the mix
Maybe I am deluded but if we sign Skriniar and Vinicius I honestly think we will be Liverpool's closest challengers. City's defence is a shambles (although now they have Dias it will improve tbf) and they have no strikers, Chelsea will take time to gel and I'm not sold on Lampard, United haven't strengthened and have Ole at the wheel, Leicester will drop off and Woolwich's squad isn't at the level yet.

Maybe I am deluded but if we sign Skriniar and Vinicius I honestly think we will be Liverpool's closest challengers. City's defence is a shambles (although now they have Dias it will improve tbf) and they have no strikers, Chelsea will take time to gel and I'm not sold on Lampard, United haven't strengthened and have Ole at the wheel, Leicester will drop off and Woolwich's squad isn't at the level yet.
All depends on whether we can stay injury free.

Great signing, as long as there is a buy option clause. I feel that it is a privilege to have one of the best strikers of the NOS at his wage price to be our second choice for the position...

It's no secret that Vinicius was a Mourinho pick back in early summer, big strong player good finisher and last season he added assists to his repertoire as well. Spurs made an approach at the start of the window and a figure of 50m was floating around, way to much for us, now with Benfica crashing out of CL qualifying they need to balance the books - cue Levy time - my guess is we will not be paying anywhere near 50m

The deal will be a one year loan for XXm with that money then being deducted from any agreed buying price, which is rumoured at 36m, that works for both clubs as Benfica can depreciate him on their books this season whilst Spurs are paying his wages then accept a lower buying price next season to minimise tax. It's a pretty standard accountancy trick for loan to buy agreements.

Is he any good? well Mourinho talked him up back in May when he was linked to Utd and I think Liverpool, so if he's Mourinho's first choice I'll support that. Let's hope the deal is done and there's no late bids from one of our rivals, that's happened before .................
Mourinho talked him up in May? What did he say? Any links mate?

Back
Top Bottom