Chelsea v Tottenham. 2nd leg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looks as if Sissoko is available, which is massive for us.

[formation=352, Gazzaniga, Alderweirald, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Trippier, Sissoko, Winks, Eriksen, Rose, Lamela, Lucas][/formation]

Hmmmmm....

But how fit can he really be?

If fully ready it's a bonus of course and if he started it would mean Lamela on the bench I think, with Sissoko, Winks and maybe Dier in the middle. Then have Eriksen, Llorente and Moura if 4-4-2.

If a back 5 then Sissoko and Winks plus Eriksen, with Llorente and Moura.

At least that's how I would see the options.

Really depends how fit Sissoko is but at leaat Dier is back and we have Lamela should we be chasing a goal and in need of greater creativity.

Hmmmmm....

But how fit can he really be?

If fully ready it's a bonus of course and if he started it would mean Lamela on the bench I think, with Sissoko, Winks and maybe Dier in the middle. Then have Eriksen, Llorente and Moura if 4-4-2.

If a back 5 then Sissoko and Winks plus Eriksen, with Llorente and Moura.

At least that's how I would see the options.

Really depends how fit Sissoko is but at leaat Dier is back and we have Lamela should we be chasing a goal and in need of greater creativity.
I think Lamela needs to terrorize Jorginho ... if you can take him out of the game it forces them to go long to their midget forwards.

Everyone seems to think Chelsea have this wrapped up.

Not sure why. They've been awful for a while.

Anyone know if away goals count?

Once more - they do not.
And to prevent this question popping up (for like next 5 minutes) - there will not be an extra time. 90 min + penalties if it is all square :D .

I want Lamela starting and Tripps not. Back Three, solid middle.. Dier and Sissoko

Gazza
KWP Toby Sanchez Verts Rose
Dier Sissoko Winks
Eriksen
Lamela

Moura has to start if fit.

Our only option in pushing them back a little.

I considered it.. but prehaps Poch brings him on ? perhaps Moura Eriksen Lamela up top.. so drop one of the middle men ? Winks or Dier.

I feel confident when I type this out/consider our options really!

Fluid attacking three to start? or do we need to take control of the middle ? one thing I worry about (especially tonight) is passing it out too much from the back. across goal.
However, that said.. Gazza has it under control

5-3-2 formation tomorrow?

Lloris
Trips - Toby - Sanchez - Jan - Rose
Winks - Dier - Eriksen
Lamela - Lucas

Looks as if Sissoko is available, which is massive for us.

[formation=352, Gazzaniga, Alderweirald, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Trippier, Sissoko, Winks, Eriksen, Rose, Lamela, Lucas][/formation]

I like both of those lineups that you guys posted.
But I would mix it up a bit -

-------------Gazzaniga--------------
------Toby---Foyth--Jan-----------
-Trippier--------------------Rose--
----------------Dier-------------------
-------Sissoko-----Eriksen--------
----------------Lamela---------------
---------------Moura------------------

1) I think Foyth deserves a chance. Chelsea do not play with tall attackers, so I'd rather see Foyth in place of Sanchez, as it fits the Argentine's strenghts better. Plus he already showed his worth against them in the league game.
2) Winks has played a s***load of late, IF (and it is significant if) Sissoko is fit enough, I'd like him to start in this one + Dier who is back.
3) Lamela for the occasion + terrorizing Jorginho (like we've seen in our games + the recent loss to Scum - they are quite confused when he is taken out of it).
4) Would be absolutely fine with Aurier as a RB as well - just to take away room of Willian and Hazard and terrorize them on the defencive side.

But anyway we approach this game - COME ON YOU SPURS!!
get the draw or win or whatever. Just so that we would progress !

I considered it.. but prehaps Poch brings him on ? perhaps Moura Eriksen Lamela up top.. so drop one of the middle men ? Winks or Dier.

I feel confident when I type this out/consider our options really!

Both sides lack leaders in the real sense to me.

No one has mentioned it but I would give the captaincy to Rose, much as I can't stand him or Alderweireld. Vertonghen is just too quiet.

It's still a 50:50 call in my opinion and it is whether our previous semi-final losses drop into our psyche and if we have enough strength of mind to withstand the pressure we are likely to be put under.

We really could do with a rare masterclass from Eriksen. He is slipping dangerously into Ozil territory.

Back
Top Bottom