Clap for "x" on "x" minute

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Some poor bloke that died (everyone dies)

Why this needs to actually effect our games I'll never know

To my knowledge no other club does it
Fucking everyone does it now mate, just part of living in this cringe generation always trying to create a viral moment. I've heard of Dippers, the cunts down the road and United doing this to name at least a few.

Fucking everyone does it now mate, just part of living in this cringe generation always trying to create a viral moment. I've heard of Dippers, the cunts down the road and United doing this to name at least a few.

I guess I wouldn't notice it for other clubs, but I still don't understand it. "Billy's a massive Spurs fan and has sadly died at 30 years old"......why the fuck would he want his life remembered by Spurs letting a goal in

What was it for today?
It was for a 23 year old lad who died last week. I saw about 20 people wearing matching T-shirts on the 5th floor so I asked one what it was for and he said it was for his grandson who died last week. Very sad.

I'm not strongly for or against it, but if it helps the families of a young person I'm happy with it. Not so much for 87 year old Charlie Muggins, etc. otherwise we'll be doing it ten times every match - we all have to go sometime ...

I doubt the players even notice it's going on TBH. Anyway, our players don't need any help to lose concentration and pass it to an opposition player six feet away.

It happens at pretty much every club...
Pudsey still has his own flag bang in the middle of the South Stand...

The Arse had a banner for the poor kid who was stabbed in Hainault last week... Gooner or no Gooner... That's an awful thing to happen to a 13 year old.

I genuinely don't mind it...
It's not knowing who you're clapping for that's always a bit weird for me though!

I'm not strongly for or against it, but if it helps the families of a young person I'm happy with it. Not so much for 87 year old Charlie Muggins, etc. otherwise we'll be doing it ten times every match - we all have to go sometime ...

....Even then; so be it.

No problem with it at all........... These are our clubs...... We should be allowed to remember our own in ways that befit who they were and what the club meant to them.

Some people's lives are intrinsically linked to their support of this club....... If some old boy religiously spent 70 years on these terraces he's just as much an important part of the fabric of the club (i.e. not team or PLC) as some modern player who's paid a small fortune to be there for a number of years or whatever cause the club has temporarily attached itself to for PR reasons.

....It's pretty damn weak of the players if they allow themselves to be distracted a short swell of applause.

....Even then; so be it.

No problem with it at all........... These are our clubs...... We should be allowed to remember our own in ways that befit who they were and what the club meant to them.

Some people's lives are intrinsically linked to their support of this club....... If some old boy religiously spent 70 years on these terraces he's just as much an important part of the fabric of the club (i.e. not team or PLC) as some modern player who's paid a small fortune to be there for a number of years or whatever cause the club has temporarily attached itself to for PR reasons.

....It's pretty damn weak of the players if they allow themselves to be distracted a short swell of applause.
Wrong

Before the match or maybe at half time at best.

I can't wait to ignore the thesis you provide to counter this opinion, but rest assured I disagree with all of your post. Frankly with a bit more thoughtfulness you would probably agree with me.

That's me told then. LOL

I can't wait to ignore the thesis you provide to counter this opinion, but rest assured I disagree with all of your post. Frankly with a bit more thoughtfulness you would probably agree with me.

We may never know...... Because rather than make a compelling argument you've chosen to be lazy and obnoxious instead (drunk?).

Odd..... But so be it.

Last edited:
Wrong

You gonna get the italic, underlined 15 paragraph treatment now

They do though, and have over several years now - so as supporters we should be doing everything we can to help them to win.

The margins between winning and losing a so slim.

Last edited:
I don't want people clapping for me when I go. I want yids throwing haymakers at Gooners In my memory.

Or Chelsea if necessary.
I'm fully there for this.

Punch You Oh No GIF by GritTV

Back
Top Bottom