Clive Allen.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And Gough and Mabbutt at centre half. What an amazing team that was. So exciting to watch. Don’t get me wrong we let teams have chances but the style that season was magnificent.
My favorite season ever as a Tottenham fan. Probably missed less than a handful of games that year.
Don’t think we got close to that form again until maybe 2016(?) under Poch.

My favorite season ever as a Tottenham fan. Probably missed less than a handful of games that year.

Yes it was a great season and I hardly missed a game starting with a 3-0 win at Villa I think with Clive unstoppable

One of the first games I took Mrs B to!

She loved it 😊

.are we sure he hasn't crashed a car into someone's house yet....?

...just to make sure he's truly worthy of THE SHIRT, y'know!

Me too. The whole team could play. Even the kids coming through like Howells,Moncur,Samways and Moran were good players.
I do remember a certain Bobby Mimms at the club and he’d make Hugo look like Dino Zoff right now!
Worst keeper I’ve ever seen at Tottenham. He was later on though.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
He was so quick,athletic,read the game brilliantly and very rarely lost a header. I’m sure he played right back a couple of times too for us.

Players like Gough could play virtually anywhere

He scored a cracking header for Scotland against England at Hampden as I recall

Last edited:
My first Scotland England game. It was 1-0 at Hampden in 85 in the Rous cup. I’m sure there was about 100,000 in Hampden that day.

I’ve been there for a few ‘Auld firm’ finals for both sides and generally the view is shite but a good atmosphere

Me too. The whole team could play. Even the kids coming through like Howells,Moncur,Samways and Moran were good players.
I do remember a certain Bobby Mimms at the club and he’d make Hugo look like Dino Zoff right now!
Booby Mimms as he was known

Not too much later, though. Clemence retired through injury at the beginning of the 87/88 season and we were left with Mimms and Tony Parks fighting it out for #1 which is one of many reasons why we had a really crap season and finished 13th.

It wasn't until midway through 88/89 that we resolved the keeper issue and signed Erik Thorstvedt and even then there was quite a famous howler in his debut against Nottingham Forest.

"The Tottenham striker scored 33 league goals, four in the FA Cup and 12 in the League Cup, without lifting a trophy"

LEVY_OUT.
Not too much later, though. Clemence retired through injury at the beginning of the 87/88 season and we were left with Mimms and Tony Parks fighting it out for #1 which is one of many reasons why we had a really crap season and finished 13th.

It wasn't until midway through 88/89 that we resolved the keeper issue and signed Erik Thorstvedt and even then there was quite a famous howler in his debut against Nottingham Forest.
The forest howler🤣🤣 was it Crosby or Clough that hit the shot?? 🤷‍♂️
Erik the Viking was good. His boy plays for Sassoulo in Italy.

70 odd quid for a season ticket in the old shelf

loads of great goals

great midfield play woddle hoddle goddle

didn;t like wite shorts for non-European evening kickoffs

deciding at the last min whether to go to an away game, 5iver and a crap view...those were the days

Back
Top Bottom