Club Over Country

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
Italy had been eliminated the day before, so as I pulled on my uncle’s shirt sleeve and informed him that Gazza played for my team, Zio Roberto couldn’t careless. I on the other hand was brimming with pride, here was an England team that boasted current and past Spurs players taking on the best team in the world, and nearly winning. Spurs fans my age haven’t been treated to many glory nights, but that evening watching England v Germany was […]

Continue reading...

Great article. I can remember that Italia 90 WC as it was my first of proper football consciousness and its all been downhill since then.

The international tournament I've enjoyed most recently was Euro 2008 where we didn't even qualify as I got to watch and enjoy the games. Otherwise you get so wrapped up in the England games and lose interest when they are eliminated.

Doesn't help that there are a fair few cunts in the England set up over the last decade and very few likable non-spurs players (I'm not suggesting that I wouldn't despise JD or Walker if they played for Chelsea or Liverpool but as they're spurs they have my adoration till they fuck us over).

On a related note, I hope Andros gets to make an impact as could be good for his development and I think he deserves it.

Back
Top Bottom