Club statement about transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No he is not, Welbeck is a striker who sometimes gets played wide to get in the team, he is naturally an out and out forward. Welbeck doesn't even like playing winger and quite frankly he looks worse on the wing.

Son is a winger, AM and at best a second striker, he will have to learn to play the lead role for us. We may even convert Chadli ahead of him to the role.

Tottenham Tweet denial over Heung-Min Son's position on their website | 101 great goals

I want to be a striker! Defiant Danny Welbeck warns Louis Van Gaal and Man Utd

Not sure what 101 Goals piece around a fake profile page has to do with anything?

I assume he would be referring to a second striker to cover Kane and a DM. I.e failure to get Berahino and someone like Witsel leaving us bare in two positions.

Absolutely get that BUT there is still the implication that Poch insisting on getting a midfielder and a striker early - which is entirely hypothetical. He stated get business done early. We got business done early.

I think far too much emphasis is placed on the hype around Jim White's Transfer Deadline Day Yellow Tie Roadshow and we forget what's been done in May, June, July, etc

Not sure what 101 Goals piece around a fake profile page has to do with anything?

Fake profile page? The article in question referred to the spat after Son was declared a striker on our website. You can look on many articles such as the below from the guardian saying Son is a winger who can play behind the striker.

I don't see any evidence of him as an out and out striker, maybe Poch will convert but let's not pretend he is currently the same as Walcott or Welbeck who have played as out and outs in the prem. It's just as likely Chaldi could be chosen to become our back up striker as Son or N'jie.

Tottenham in talks to sign South Korea’s Son Heung-min from Bayer Leverkusen

I think that he (Son) has been signed as a forward and will be played as such. I'd expect him to be somewhere behind Kane when Kane's fit but when Harry misses a match Son will be our striker.

You can argue all day as to whether or not Son is a striker but I don't strongly believe in pigeon-holing players in one position. If he has all the ability needed to play up front, who's to say he can't be a striker? If that's where we want him then great.

If we're only playing with one striker anyway, and that guy is Kane 90% of the time, isn't it better to have someone who can be in the 1st team and adapt as backup rather than rotting in the reserves?

I understand the concerns over "only having one striker" but I think it's all a bit OTT to be so upset about it as we have plenty of players who can competently cover injuries. We are fine, we will be fine, everything is fine.

Absolutely get that BUT there is still the implication that Poch insisting on getting a midfielder and a striker early - which is entirely hypothetical. He stated get business done early. We got business done early.

I think far too much emphasis is placed on the hype around Jim White's Transfer Deadline Day Yellow Tie Roadshow and we forget what's been done in May, June, July, etc

You seem to have white washed us missing out on Berahino (3 times on deadline day) from your memory.

Of the early signings, one was for the first team. A CB, which was arguably the least of our troubles, as the shoddy defence started with the holes in central midfield. Three of our best performers last season (Rose, Dier and Lloris) were at the back.
The problems started in front of them, so our early signing of Toby, was actually our least priority.

The other two are squad fillers.

You only have to look at our targets to know that we wanted a striker and DM....why do the goal posts keep moving?

We have 3pts from 4 games. We have scored 3 goals. Mason, Kane and Dier are not fit, and Bentaleb has lost the plot. I dont know why people keep trying to deny that our window has left us short, even with the sigings.

Out of the five, one has played, and on the pitch we have already struggled and had no options.
And people are trying to claim this is exactly how Poch wanted it.

“We have players like Chadli and Lamela, and now Njié, who can play like a striker but I think we need one more striker to be sure for different games."
Pochettino

How will you explain away that? Is it because he´s Argentinian and doesnt know what he´s saying? Or are you going to continue with the false notion that Son is a striker?

Last edited:
Who binned Audere? This place really is playtime now. What a fucking joke. This place used to have decent posters - now it's full of vindictive children like Spursinho Spursinho and his merry men. The sin bin is a fucking joke - those that use it deny free speech. I'm ashamed to be a part of it. God we have such massively shit fans.
2015%2B-%2B1

Such a cunt...

Hey gibbs131 Spursinho Spursinho you couple of clowns are so blinded by your hate, you forgot to add the obligatory COYS.

You blokes as Spurs supporters is really funny - not one visit to the ground between the pair of you. Nobody is interested in you cunting off proper fans like me . you pair of weasels - you pair of cunts are everything that's wrong with our fanbase. Dimwitted, scattered all over the world, and missing the point. (Gibbs you cunt, show all the new boys how much you loved Spurs last year you creepy fuck) you and Spursinho deserve each other. Pair of clowns.

Hey gibbs131 Spursinho Spursinho you couple of clowns are so blinded by your hate, you forgot to add the obligatory COYS.

You blokes as Spurs supporters is really funny - not one visit to the ground between the pair of you. Nobody is interested in you cunting off proper fans like me . you pair of weasels - you pair of cunts are everything that's wrong with our fanbase. Dimwitted, scattered all over the world, and missing the point. (Gibbs you cunt, show all the new boys how much you loved Spurs last year you creepy fuck) you and Spursinho deserve each other. Pair of clowns.
Seriously, seek help. I am not your friend, nor your counselor. Stop tagging me in your drunken rants every night. I can't help you with your problems. Seek professional advice

You seem to have white washed us missing out on Berahino (3 times on deadline day) from your memory.

Of the early signings, one was for the first team. A CB, which was arguably the least of our troubles, as the shoddy defence started with the holes in central midfield. Three of our best performers last season (Rose, Dier and Lloris) were at the back.
The problems started in front of them, so our early signing of Toby, was actually our least priority.

The other two are squad fillers.

You only have to look at our targets to know that we wanted a striker and DM....why do the goal posts keep moving?

We have 3pts from 4 games. We have scored 3 goals. Mason, Kane and Dier are not fit, and Bentaleb has lost the plot. I dont know why people keep trying to deny that our window has left us short, even with the sigings.

Out of the five, one has played, and on the pitch we have already struggled and had no options.
And people are trying to claim this is exactly how Poch wanted it.

“We have players like Chadli and Lamela, and now Njié, who can play like a striker but I think we need one more striker to be sure for different games."
Pochettino

How will you explain away that? Is it because he´s Argentinian and doesnt know what he´s saying? Or are you going to continue with the false notion that Son is a striker?

You keep banging on about us having DM targets, yet I don't actually remember us bidding for any?

I could have just forgotten mind you, we were linked with every cunt under the sun.

You keep banging on about us having DM targets, yet I don't actually remember us bidding for any?

I could have just forgotten mind you, we were linked with every cunt under the sun.

Unless you're best mates with Levy, you won't know if we bid for any players. We could have made moves and been rejected. The proposed selling club don't always act like West Brom did with Berahino and air everything in public.

And to clarify, I don't give a fuck if Welbeck is a winger or a striker. He's a cheating goon fuck.

While it can't be proven, I'd look at Wanyama's agitation and the subsequent noises coming out of SCBC as 'high likelihood' that we were trying to engineer a move for him.

Unless you're best mates with Levy, you won't know if we bid for any players. We could have made moves and been rejected. The proposed selling club don't always act like West Brom did with Berahino and air everything in public.

And to clarify, I don't give a fuck if Welbeck is a winger or a striker. He's a cheating goon fuck.

Exactly, and unless Sammy is best mates with Poch, we don't know if he ever wanted to sign a DM. Just because the fans and papers link us with them, doesn't mean he is desperate for them and sees them as a priority. He wanted some better defensive options which we got early. And we wanted attackers, which however you want to look at it, we got 2 of them. CF's or not, they are attack minded players who know where the goal is, and can probably play up front if we need them.

My biggest gripe is that we haven't even registered Adebayor. He's a cunt and not a great player for us anymore. But I would at least like him to be an option in the worst case scenario.

haha....if we were reported as bidding you would say it was paper talk......

I remember us being heavily linked with Mcarthy, Suarez and Imbula before we lost out, and suddenly Dier became the answer.

Short memories

Back
Top Bottom