Club statement about transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Drogba wasnt it?

He's at Peterborough now.
Could be, could be... There isn't a single youth product that isn't the new someone or other.

How many times have you read the new Zidane? (Taraabt)... I'll tell you now that the way football is played now there will never be another Zidane or fat Ronaldo and football is poorer for it.

I am one of those annoying fucks who always asks for a discount.drives the missus mad be it furniture clothes cars or houses if you don't ask you don't get.
Me too. If you don't get a discount on a car, you're being screwed, fact. Even the car supermarkets will knock £100 off if you look like you're about to pull out.

Could be, could be... There isn't a single youth product that isn't the new someone or other.

How many times have you read the new Zidane? (Taraabt)... I'll tell you now that the way football is played now there will never be another Zidane or fat Ronaldo and football is poorer for it.

I tell you what, there are very few 'next Frank Sinclair's' and that must cut the fat cunt deep.

Any other clubs released a novel to justify their window?
We (not you specifically) moan we have a Chairman that hides in his office and doesn't pick up the phone. Then he releases a statement and we (again not you specifically) moan about the contents of said statement.

He's not going to address everyone's questions unfortunately, it's not a Q&A. I personally thought, even though you can assume if you want it's bullshit, that it was good of the club to confirm their transfer activity.

It won't keep everyone happy. Signing Berahino wouldn't have kept everyone happy. But it does allow you to understand their position, and certainly makes both Levy and Poch more open to negativity by making the claims they have.

Glad we're not buying players for the sake of it and appear to have some sort healthy dialogue between manager and chairman.

However, this statement doesn't really address the fact that the club clearly knew it needed a striker and failed to sign one. That's the real issue here.
Seen this mentioned a few times.

I read the statement as; we had a specific target that we felt would improve the squad, but should we fail to sign him we wouldn't simply just buy another striker for the sake of it.

Whilst I don't agree with their opinion we didn't need backup for Kane, I do think that part has been misinterpreted by many. If we couldn't get the targets we wanted in those positions, we'd rather sign no one than just anyone.

Glad we're not buying players for the sake of it and appear to have some sort healthy dialogue between manager and chairman.

However, this statement doesn't really address the fact that the club clearly knew it needed a striker and failed to sign one. That's the real issue here.

Well it does because they said they wanted Berahino and were not prepared to accept anyone else, we didn't get Berahino therefore didn't sign anyone else.

Levy and Co have form for bullshit no doubt but from a lot of the comments here is fucked either way. Which ever way you look at it Football transfers are insane and seem to get more so every window. In a world where 20 yr old Sterling turns his nose up at 100k a week and is then bought for nigh on 50m, where Anthony Martial may be the next French star, is just out of our price range only for Man Utd to pay a fee no one can quite believe, how do we evaluate our own window ?

There have been times when Levy's transfer methods have been plain embarrassing but this time I felt Peace was being unreasonable. Granted you need 3 parties to agree to a transfer for it to happen but usually if two are in agreement the 3rd eventually falls into line for a price. We wanted SB, he wanted to come, bids were made etc etc, WBA and Peace conducted business as if it were the Big Brother house. Really felt he left the player out to dry and this is not the first time.

Like most here I wanted another CF, and will have to hope the "fluid attack," proves sufficient. In fairness it is not only us who are in this situation Man Utd and Woolwich are in a similar situation.

This is a bit of a ramble so lastly, I had fairly low expectations and they have been surpassed now we need to see the Head Coach show his ability to develop players and some much needed tactical fluidity. Here's to hoping

I wonder... just wonder if us not signing Berahino (and subsequently declaring we "don't need to sign just anyone") is Levyspeak for; "...now the hard work begins trying to persuade our manager to reintegrate Ade into the 1st team" ????

We DO still have an experienced, half-decent striker on our books... maybe Levy not agreeing to pay him off to leave was admission that he may still have a part to play... Fuck it, he might HAVE to if Kane, Chadli or Lamela get injured, and Son/N'Jie don't hit the ground running...

Like him or not, most of us hate the situation he's helped create.... but there's no getting away from the fact we still have a decent (when he wants to be) player on our books we're paying stupid amounts of cash to... we'd be fools not to at least TRY and get our money's worth out of him... especially as we didn't manage to sign our primary target to replace him!

Sorry but that is total bullshit. Poch said numerous times they needed to add another striker AFTER we bought Son and N'Jie. So we didn't get Berahino who was clearly the main target and overpriced, however you are telling me there was not one (1) other striker, forward whatever that Poch liked in the entire fucking world? All of our black box and scouting team apparently couldn't uncover more than 1 striking option that would suit us and Poch? Sorry this is apologetic bullshit of the highest order that I am not eating up.

I wonder... just wonder if us not signing Berahino (and subsequently declaring we "don't need to sign just anyone") is Levyspeak for; "...now the hard work begins trying to persuade our manager to reintegrate Ade into the 1st team" ????

We DO still have an experienced, half-decent striker on our books... maybe Levy not agreeing to pay him off to leave was admission that he may still have a part to play... Fuck it, he might HAVE to if Kane, Chadli or Lamela get injured, and Son/N'Jie don't hit the ground running...

Like him or not, most of us hate the situation he's helped create.... but there's no getting away from the fact we still have a decent (when he wants to be) player on our books we're paying stupid amounts of cash to... we'd be fools not to at least TRY and get our money's worth out of him... especially as we didn't manage to sign our primary target to replace him!
Hasn't been named in either the League 25 or the Europa League 25...

Back
Top Bottom