Come here to laugh at Citeh

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Did I read somewhere that they can't appeal this?

If so they are absolutely fucked, they have broken over 100 rules, absolutely no way they are getting away with this.

Quite annoying that the start seems to be aligning or Woolwich as well but it is what is is. 🤷‍♀️

But this is something we've all been asking for, they've been getting away with so much shit that EVERYONE has known about but I always despaired at the fact that no-one could essentially do anything about it and the media seemingly turned a blind eye to it but at least there's some hope that the authorities are actually acting on clubs that cheat they system.

They can appeal but only to a U.K. court from what I read. So no dodgy CAS bollocks. Also there is no time period so they can’t say happened before date XY.

I can't see how they'll just be given a points deduction if even a majority of all of these charges stick.

It's in the interest of the league to stop these sorts of breaches of the rules. Just giving them a points deduction will do nothing. They'll have to kick them out for this to really stick.
Think it will be a mixture of fines , transfer embargos and points deductions

"Manchester City FC is surprised by the issuing of these alleged breaches of the Premier League Rules, particularly given the extensive engagement and vast amount of detailed materials that the EPL has been provided with."

Yes you cunts. It's those detailed materials that are the proof of your book cooking.

I don’t think going backwards is the way forward. The sportswashing has worked, it wasn’t about titles, it was about making themselves acceptable to the west. If they fine and relegate them then that’s where the real damage will lie, not in the past. If they go down I suspect Abu Dhabi will sell up and buy another club.
:levywhoa:

Will be very interesting to see how this is dealt with. Looks like they’ve basically been caught doing it all.

If it’s a slap in the wrists and a year long transfer ban then it means nothing. But if they genuinely do see a huge point deduction or, even better, relegation, then it might provide the catalyst.
It has to be a MASSIVE slap. Like, proper sit-down shut up and don't come back until you've sorted yourself out. Anything less than a multi-year transfer ban with relegation is just a joke and they'll be straight back at the top the following season, no lessons learned except how better to cover their arses.

No one in their right minds wants to see the goons win the PL, but city and Chavs need knocking out for the good of the game.

I don’t think going backwards is the way forward. The sportswashing has worked, it wasn’t about titles, it was about making themselves acceptable to the west. If they fine and relegate them then that’s where the real damage will lie, not in the past. If they go down I suspect Abu Dhabi will sell up and buy another club.

Give them a choice. All medals stripped or relegation to the 4th tier.

4 years to investigate City, another 4 years to investigate the Chavs?
Damage is done now, they have deprived us of a trophy. I don't think the PL will give them a heavy punishment like expulsion. They will probably take 4 years to give them a punishment too, they've been taking lessons from the government.

Yup, football is big business and City have essnetially stolen income from a lot of businness. Imagine how much more money we'd have made if all our 5th place finishes were changed to 4th, the league cup we lost to them.

All the big PL clubs have similar claims.
You know what this means...

eWuOGwO8TEtAA.gif

Mason won us silverware.

You've got to love the arrrogance of some of these City fans. Its up there with the dippers and Chavs:

'Bottle of Stella in hand mate, I'm fucking fuming, all the way to the High Court this if that nerdy ponce finds us guilty. The Premier League has shit on the team who has driven the quality of their product and increased its world wide audience. These are thunderbastards, make no mistake.'​

Basically saying that as they've won loads since being financially doped, they should be let off, because they've made the Premier League what it is.

:dembelefingers:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom