Conte: winners and losers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How can someone say Lucas is loser and Bergwijn is winner in this case. Lucas is 5x player that Bergwijn is.

When he came for the first 3-6 months his physicality, hold up play, linking was far better than Lucas. He has declined at a rapid rate and is now a shadow of how he started. If Conte is a good coach he will bring him back to life.

Prediction: Conte is going to punish the squad with a proper, classical Roman decimation.

The squad is going to be randomly split down the middle in two groups of ten. They will draw straws to determine the 3 or 4 that get to sit out.

Then the individual groups of ten will draw straws again. The loser in each group of ten is beaten to death by the other nine. Anyone that refuses to participate is crucified to death on public display outside of the stadium.

Harsh but fair.
Fantastic

😂😂

Winners: Romero, Reguilon, Ndombele, Kane, Son.

Think there's a few Conte migtn't find up to scratch (Hojbjerg, Lucas, Lloris) . And there'll be a few turds Conte polishes up nicely (maybe Lo Celso, Tanganga, Sanchez, Rodon, Sessegnon). Haven't a clue though, he's cracked, but a brilliant coach and I'll flow with whatever decisions he makes over this next while. Can't see Dele having a future under him, but who knows?!

If conte can make bergs look anything like a footballer and not a forward version of shitsoko then he could make winks the next Iniesta, Sanchez defend like a man, Alli and kane play like they care and.... Fck that - in our current state we need Gandalf.

Prediction: Conte is going to punish the squad with a proper, classical Roman decimation.

The squad is going to be randomly split down the middle in two groups of ten. They will draw straws to determine the 3 or 4 that get to sit out.

Then the individual groups of ten will draw straws again. The loser in each group of ten is beaten to death by the other nine. Anyone that refuses to participate is crucified to death on public display outside of the stadium.

Harsh but fair.
Come on, this is Tottenham; not Newcastle.

There will be one very unexpected winner from this.

Jack Clarke

(brought to you by the only poster who told you, before the city game, that NES would be sacked by November - dont doubt me fools)

How can someone say Lucas is loser and Bergwijn is winner in this case. Lucas is 5x player that Bergwijn is.

One he isn't close to 5x the player and is a lesser player.

But even if you think Lucas is a better player he can't cross a ball which means he is a terrible option to play as a WB.

Most of the supporters of Lucas seem to say that he is best when moved inside to 10, which is BS, so how does moving him even more outside make sense?

I feel like Japhet will be the big winner from this.

RCB in a back 3 feels absolutely perfect for him and the skill-set he has. I expect him to be one of the best 6 CB’s in the league by the end of the 22/23 season.

Surprised how many people think Gil will suffer, our players will likely be asked to actually pass the ball and move rather than be static. I also feel he is better in the centre than on the wing. I think Gil will do well under Conte.

He hasn't shown that he can play in the MF in the PL yet so I can't see him getting much time in the PL because he can't play in the front 2 and can't really play in the MF.

Maybe he will get time in the lower competitions but hard to see him getting more time in the PL than he would under other managers.

He won’t stand for Lucas’s erratic nonsense - PEH’s finger pointing and chugging should see him gone by Jan. I would sell both, hope we do churn some half decent players whilst we can and reinvest
I actually think he’ll like PEH, he’ll simply play him further forward. Intrigued to see what he thinks of Lo Celso.

Lucas is a wild card here. Can’t tell if conte will absolutely love his siege pressing mentality or hate his on the ball tendencies.

I won’t be shocked if he’s played more centrally instead of Lo Celso. Or conte might kick him completely out of the club.

Winners

Kane, Romero, Reggi, Lo Celso, Moura, Skipp, Son, Bergwijn, Gil, Sarr

Losers

Dier, Deli, Ndombele, Davies, Doherty, Winks

Undecided on the rest

Back
Top Bottom