Conte: winners and losers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

FDLM94YXMAQWyhd

FDLM94ZWQAQ82HI

FDLM94aWUAExReD

FDLM94ZXIAELMRQ

The follow-up tweet:

Interesting about Ndombele

Winners:

Tanganja
Romero
N'Dombele (as much as I've been slating the guy of recent, Conte will get this stroppy prima donnas arse into gear)
Gil
Reguilon
Hugo
Gollini
Kane
Son

Losers

Sanchez
Winks
Davies
Alli
Bergwijn
Lo Celso
Doherty

The rest are neutral.

Last edited:
Losers

Sanchez
Winks
Davies
Alli
Bergwijn
Lo Celso
Doherty

The rest are neutral.
First of all, great username.

It's hard to predict who will play where or what Conte will manage to do with the likes of, say, Bergie, GLC and even Dele. Once everyone is pulling their fucking weight again (or not) I'm sure we'll figure it out.

Dele could somehow turn in to a monster box to box player. Bergwijn could be an amazing full back. Not saying it's guaranteed, but footballers and their positions change based on managers all the time these days.

Hell, I even remember when we signed this 16 year old left back from Southampton who most of us watched turn in to one of the best forwards in the world.

What does everyone think about Rodon? He wasn't rated by Mason or Nuno it seems. He was good last season under Jose but hasn't played much since then. I wonder if Conte will use him or not

Mourinho is a cunt and always finds 1 or 2 players at every club to dig out and needle incessantly, though. Its why he flames out nearly immediately at every stop. So, yeah, I'm just not sure how much stock I put into anything he says.

True, but everyone is dropping Dele. So there must be some substance.

I may be in the minority but I feel the likes of Davies and Doherty can be unlikely winners out of all this. Davies can maybe carve a role of back up and occasional spot starter at LCB in a back 3 and Doherty could possibly be the same at his preferred LWB. Is it unlikely sure but it couldn’t hurt them since they weren’t favored anyway.
The only true loser in all this seems to be Winksy. I see no hope for him. Possibly Dele as well.

Big winners are Levy/ENIC who will buy themselves a couple of years of angry free fans…

Big Losers are Levy/ENIC when they realise how many players Conte will want to beat the crap out off and obviously sell, and then replace….

True winners are the fans, if Conte succeeds, well we can’t complain about that, if he fails then there truly is no where for the Owners to turn as his failure will no doubt be because of lack of quality players…Win/Win for the fans I think…..
Have to wait to see what happens in the transfer window first, that's a couple of months away. In the meantime Conte has to work with this group of players and make them better by no means an easy task. If he does manage it, I can see Levy being even more reluctant to spend.

What does everyone think about Rodon? He wasn't rated by Mason or Nuno it seems. He was good last season under Jose but hasn't played much since then. I wonder if Conte will use him or not

Odd one. Jose used him a lot at the end and he looked to my eyes a big upgrade on Dier and Sanchez, good on the ball, powerful in the air, calm but aggressive when needed but a somewhat lack of pace like Dier.

I can only assume that there is something else, perhaps Dier is seen as a better leader and thus while he is a lesser defender ability wise his command of the back line is greater. Otherwise I have no clue as Individually Rodon looks a better footballer than everyone at CB bar Romero.

Winners and losers I think is really hard to pick accurately for a manager like Conte. Conte has made a career of resuscitating the careers of overlooked or totally out of favor players like Barzagli, Victor Moses, Ashley Young, Marcos Alonso, Llorente, 19 year old Pogba, etc.

I don’t think there’s a player in the team, even some who I really don’t rate, that I would be shocked to see Conte somehow making into a useful player. Not that he’s going to do it for all of them, but I wouldn’t be surprised if there were one or two surprising revivals. That’s just kind of how Conte’s career has been.

Mourinho is a cunt and always finds 1 or 2 players at every club to dig out and needle incessantly, though. Its why he flames out nearly immediately at every stop. So, yeah, I'm just not sure how much stock I put into anything he says.
Well yeah but I don't think you randomly come out with something like that in a team meeting if Dele is tearing around giving it 100% every day. Nuno also binned him off fairly quickly so forgive me for being slightly skeptical.

Conte’s system needs forward midfielders make late runs into the box right ? Another life-line for Dele?
Yeah I don't doubt he has the engine to do it - not sure he's got the quality though.

Above all it's a mental thing for Dele as to whether he will knuckle down and follow Conte's orders or drop off like he did for Jose/Nuno.

Back
Top Bottom