Conte: winners and losers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Winners and losers I think is really hard to pick accurately for a manager like Conte. Conte has made a career of resuscitating the careers of overlooked or totally out of favor players like Barzagli, Victor Moses, Ashley Young, Marcos Alonso, Llorente, 19 year old Pogba, etc.

I don’t think there’s a player in the team, even some who I really don’t rate, that I would be shocked to see Conte somehow making into a useful player. Not that he’s going to do it for all of them, but I wouldn’t be surprised if there were one or two surprising revivals. That’s just kind of how Conte’s career has been.

I agree and my feeling is that anyone who does not respond to Conte, well they will only have themselves to blame, so anyone who gets the boot it will be good news for our club.

I may be in the minority but I feel the likes of Davies and Doherty can be unlikely winners out of all this. Davies can maybe carve a role of back up and occasional spot starter at LCB in a back 3 and Doherty could possibly be the same at his preferred LWB. Is it unlikely sure but it couldn’t hurt them since they weren’t favored anyway.
The only true loser in all this seems to be Winksy. I see no hope for him. Possibly Dele as well.

Doherty is RWB not LWB.

I think they could be winners in the sense that they were potentially on their way out and now have a spot in the 2nd team but I can't see even with Conte and the 3-5-2 fitting them better either guy getting time with the first team.

Yeah I don't doubt he has the engine to do it - not sure he's got the quality though.

Above all it's a mental thing for Dele as to whether he will knuckle down and follow Conte's orders or drop off like he did for Jose/Nuno.
I don’t agree. I don’t think it’s a mental thing. It’s an ability thing. He does not have the footballing ability to hold down a place in a top side.

any player that cannot run for 90 mins will be out... Ndombele,Davies better pack their bags and anyone else not prepared to put a shift in.
Conte made a decent player out of Victor Moses because he could move himself quickly, so dont be surprised if an out of favour player suddenly looks impressive.

Ndombele will find another ling from somewhere, watch.

Doherty is RWB not LWB.

I think they could be winners in the sense that they were potentially on their way out and now have a spot in the 2nd team but I can't see even with Conte and the 3-5-2 fitting them better either guy getting time with the first team.
Lol my mistake. It’s been so long he’s been on the pitch I’m surprised I didn’t say he was our backup striker

Feel like Bentancur and Kulusevski definitely adding Conte flavour.

Chelsea title winning 343
Courtois
Azpi Luiz Cahill
Moses Kante Matic Alonso
Pedro Costa Hazard

Bentancur slots into the Matic role alongside Skipp who is doing his best Kante impression.

Davies the Azpi like centre back with forward roaming tendencies
Dier the quarterback in the Luiz role

Kulusevski attempting to add some craft alongside dribbling ability as a (probably) poor man's Hazard.

Feel like his Chelsea team is a decent model for where he wants to take Spurs. He'll want some better wing backs in due course.

I don't think we can play wing backs. I really don't. Every team will be happy to allow us to pass it Doherty or Emerson. They know nothing will come of it.
Feel like Bentancur and Kulusevski definitely adding Conte flavour.

Chelsea title winning 343
Courtois
Azpi Luiz Cahill
Moses Kante Matic Alonso
Pedro Costa Hazard

Bentancur slots into the Matic role alongside Skipp who is doing his best Kante impression.

Davies the Azpi like centre back with forward roaming tendencies
Dier the quarterback in the Luiz role

Kulusevski attempting to add some craft alongside dribbling ability as a (probably) poor man's Hazard.

Feel like his Chelsea team is a decent model for where he wants to take Spurs. He'll want some better wing backs in due course.

Conte is fast becoming the loser in this ain't he?

I honestly don't get why the fuck he's picking and sticking with a 2 man midfield!! We are overrun in the middle of the park consistently, at least he changed the formation quickly today, another thing he has failed to do recently but I still don't think it was the right call, just stick another man in midfield for fucksake go 3-5-2 (our best performances under him have all occurred with this formation) his selections/system has us lose control of the game.

Also, got to question playing a system that's so reliant of Wingbacks when it seems we don't have the wingbacks of the quality needed to play the way he wants!!! You would question any manager going 2 up top if all you had to select from was Janssen and Soldado for instance. What the fuck is going on here?

Conte has given up, he will leave at the end of the season. We are a million miles from being a challenger which is what he is used to. We are treading water.

Conte has given up, he will leave at the end of the season. We are a million miles from being a challenger which is what he is used to. We are treading water.
One thing is for sure if he doesnt get a couple of good signings early in the window then i think there is a good chance he'd walk. Also not sure we're treading water 4th, 6th, 7th last 3 seasons. A stinking rich Newcastle, an improved Woolwich, Villa ambitious, Brighton improving. We're a mid table side now.

Back
Top Bottom