Conte: winners and losers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well if he's not for walking can he kindly adjust the tactics that have seen us overran for the past few games.

It’s definitely a test for him, and likely a challenge he isn’t used to. I think that he had teams before that had the mentality but just needed the organization and tactics to make it all work. I think we have, in general, the natural talent in the team to be far better than we are but really, seriously fucked up mentally.

I don’t see how you can change that right away, or especially mid-game.

That said, I think he needs to do what was done in the past but utilize a system that will allow us to add cover for our flaws until we can build back some small semblance of belief again.

Well if he's not for walking can he kindly adjust the tactics that have seen us overran for the past few games.
3 league losses in a row for Conte for the first time since 2009. It’s not his tactics, it’s the lazy wankers on the pitch with a history of being bottlers that’s the problem.

It’s definitely a test for him, and likely a challenge he isn’t used to. I think that he had teams before that had the mentality but just needed the organization and tactics to make it all work. I think we have, in general, the natural talent in the team to be far better than we are but really, seriously fucked up mentally.

I don’t see how you can change that right away, or especially mid-game.

That said, I think he needs to do what was done in the past but utilize a system that will allow us to add cover for our flaws until we can build back some small semblance of belief again.
There's so much more to fix.

But Conte isn't fixing it with this stupid 343 or counter attacks with slow wingers.

Also I thought the guy had balls? Why was he so afraid to take off Son who was a man down all game?

3 league losses in a row for Conte for the first time since 2009. It’s not his tactics, it’s the lazy wankers on the pitch with a history of being bottlers that’s the problem.
Last two games we've been over run 3 against two in midfield.

You're telling me a manager can't do anything about that?

Not when his options are Harry Winks and Hojbjerg. Adding more shit into midfield does not equate to more control of the midfield.
Hojberg is his "Warrior" he clearly rates him and it's obvious he'll play him.

Wolves played a graduate player. Do we have an Academy?

But back to last month. If Conte is so unhappy withWinks and Hojberg, why wasn't two new CMs a priority rather than a slow winger or a Rugby League winger?

I disagree tbh.

I mean our players are generally turbo shit BUT playing 2 centre midfields instead of the 3 is absolutely killing us.

Bottom line:

Winks / PEH / B'cur is a better MF than PEH / Winks or B'cur / Winks.
It’s really not, and it hampers our attack without another forward. You do realise that Winks and PEH will be just as poor at winning second balls and progressing our play with Bentancur behind them as they are without him?

Skipp aside, we haven't had an U23 graduate who was even vaguely close to first team standard in what seems like years now
Or do we not let them develop because we don't give them a chance to play first team football.

What's wrong with naming one or two on the bench and if, sorry, IF we have a game wrapped up early getting them on, instead of run outs for Winks/Hojberg/Doherty etc.

Time to see if we have anyone, or if we might as well just close down the Academy.

Hojberg is his "Warrior" he clearly rates him and it's obvious he'll play him.

Wolves played a graduate player. Do we have an Academy?

But back to last month. If Conte is so unhappy withWinks and Hojberg, why wasn't two new CMs a priority rather than a slow winger or a Rugby League winger?
Those arguments are more to do with the clowns at the very top than Conte.

It’s really not, and it hampers our attack without another forward. You do realise that Winks and PEH will be just as poor at winning second balls and progressing our play with Bentancur behind them as they are without him?

Right, so getting battered and chasing shadows from the whistle and conceding 2 early goals is the best possible platform for our attackers is it?

There's so much more to fix.

But Conte isn't fixing it with this stupid 343 or counter attacks with slow wingers.

Also I thought the guy had balls? Why was he so afraid to take off Son who was a man down all game?
Son also had, I’m guessing, 4-5 attempts on goal and couldn’t convert a single one. He didn’t have a great game but there was nobody else actually able to create chances aside from him.

I tend to agree with your point, but he was virtually the only one actually producing chances.

Edit: according to Who Scored he had three shots, two on target. He had more opportunities on runs that overall that didn’t result in a shot.

Last edited:
Those arguments are more to do with the clowns at the very top than Conte.
Right, so Conte has nothing to do with the team?

I guarantee the posters slagging thee players not Conte for the first half would have praised Conte not the players if we had come back and won 3-2.

So please, enlghten me. What the fuck is Conte doing.

The Conte fan boys are lke Christians "God only does good" etc. when something bd happens "You must have brought that on yourself. Have faith"

Right, so getting battered from the whistle and conceding 2 early goals is the best possible platform for our attackers is it?
Maybe instead of resorting to a strawman argument and sarcasm actually read the post you’re responding to?

My argument is that Winks and PEH aren’t gonna do shit, in a 1 man, 2 man, 3 man, 4 man or even 5 man midfield. Our players don’t have the quality and we would have gotten battered like that regardless of what shit was trotted out into that position. Overloading that area with rubbish and playing a 3\5\2 would just makes Wolves job even easier as they only have 2 forwards to smother.

Your beef should be with the lack of quality in key positions not the tactics. We probably have a worse midfield than any other club in the top 10 of the prem, likely worse fullbacks too.

Maybe instead of resorting to a strawman argument and sarcasm actually read the post you’re responding to?

It's not strawman at all..... (See below for why.)

My argument is that Winks and PEH aren’t gonna do shit, in a 1 man, 2 man, 3 man, 4 man or even 5 man midfield.

My argument is that they'll be better with a third body as they won't be out-numbered buy virtually ever team in the league..... The defense won't find themselves under so much pressure and we might just earn ourselves a little more time with the ball when we win it cos we won't be so easily pressed thanks to the oppo having an extra man in the centre..... In turn we might just get to transition the ball better,

As it is we're putting too much pressure on the WBs even though we know that the RWBs are shite.

If the only argument that people can put forward is that it keeps Lucas in the field the sorry (despite liking Lucas) that ain't enough.

Even with Skipp & Kulu as a 2CM; I still have my doubts.

Be it 352, 433 or 4231 I don't care; the fact remains the same: Without Kante, Dembele or a similar machine of a difference-maker; 2CMs is doomed to fail.

Back
Top Bottom