Could Unai Emery be the saviour of Spurs' midfield ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You do know Sivasspor are 14th in Turkish league (a long way from a top 5 European league), beaten home and away by the likes of Maccha Tel Aviv in Europa League.

So no way to judge how good a player is.

The mark of a great player is to check whether he can perform on a cold Tuesday night in Sivasspor.

I rated foyth early on but he hasn’t developed at all. As someone has mentioned earlier, Skipp is doing well at Norwich, why we would play Foyth in midfield ahead of him is baffling

Good ebening.

Unai Emery may be about to sustain his track record of putting smiles on the faces of Spurs fans with a revelatory move as the manager of Villarreal.
He has made a brave decision to play Juan Foyth at CDM.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/335107/Show/Juan-Foyth

Foyth has started the last few games in that position, and is averaging a solid 6.23 there. Villarreal are now 5th in the table, thanks in part to Juan's incisive tackling and passing at CDM.

I believe we should recall Foyth from loan in January. He can be a remedy to our strategic problems. Alderweireld and Dier have the tendency to opt for ambitious long balls, which means we bypass our midfield and don't retain much possession. Whether at CDM, or at CB in a back 3, Foyth can help us build from our third.

He can primarily replace Sissoko from the current first XI. He is not as strong as Sissoko, but has better timing on tackles, so is probably on par defensively. Furthermore, since his injury earlier this year, Sissoko is not making the marauding runs which used to compensate for his lack of technique.

In other news, with our Jan transfer window expenditure likely to be limited, I think we should just throw in the kitchen sink and recall Skipp and Sessegnon from loan too. Both are playing well, and current first squad options such as Bale, Lucas, and Winks have disappointed.
Corrected that for you

Still remember people on here claiming it was ok to sell trippier with no replacement because foyth was being groomed to be our new right back

Lol

Good evening.

Unai Emery may be about to sustain his track record of putting smiles on the faces of Spurs fans with a revelatory move as the manager of Villarreal.
He has made a brave decision to play Juan Foyth at CDM.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/335107/Show/Juan-Foyth

Foyth has started the last few games in that position, and is averaging a solid 6.23 there. Villarreal are now 5th in the table, thanks in part to Juan's incisive tackling and passing at CDM.

I believe we should recall Foyth from loan in January. He can be a remedy to our strategic problems. Alderweireld and Dier have the tendency to opt for ambitious long balls, which means we bypass our midfield and don't retain much possession. Whether at CDM, or at CB in a back 3, Foyth can help us build from our third.

He can primarily replace Sissoko from the current first XI. He is not as strong as Sissoko, but has better timing on tackles, so is probably on par defensively. Furthermore, since his injury earlier this year, Sissoko is not making the marauding runs which used to compensate for his lack of technique.

In other news, with our Jan transfer window expenditure likely to be limited, I think we should just throw in the kitchen sink and recall Skipp and Sessegnon from loan too. Both are playing well, and current first squad options such as Bale, Lucas, and Winks have disappointed.

So Foyth, Skipp and Sess in.
Bale, Lucas and Winks out.

That should fix our woes.

:harrysmile:

:levylol:

:kanegoal:

lol of course... I'm too shy to start a thread like this.

The kid needs to stay there and learn.

Can speak his native tongue and try to mature and build his CHARACTER.

That's key for him.

Mentally, he can be a bit of a weakling.

The main thing is he is being tried in that position, which is all I wanted us to do in certain games.

He has an incredible passing range, perfectly suited to sitting in front of CBs and transitioning the ball.

Also has it in him to directly drive through midfield and unleash killer through-balls.

3 good games to 1 average, from the off, is a good sign.

Mr Ebening needs to stick with utilising him there, for the rest of the season, and look to make it his main position.

He started off playing as an AM... became a CB, but I think this is where he belongs.

lol of course... I'm too shy to start a thread like this.

The kid needs to stay there and learn.

Can speak his native tongue and try to mature and build his CHARACTER.

That's key for him.

Mentally, he can be a bit of a weakling.

The main thing is he is being tried in that position, which is all I wanted us to do in certain games.

He has an incredible passing range, perfectly suited to sitting in front of CBs and transitioning the ball.

Also has it in him to directly drive through midfield and unleash killer through-balls.

3 good games to 1 average, from the off, is a good sign.

Mr Ebening needs to stick with utilising him there, for the rest of the season, and look to make it his main position.

He started off playing as an AM... became a CB, but I think this is where he belongs.
Nail on the head.

Foythinho’s career has been saved by Good Evening.

I rated foyth early on but he hasn’t developed at all. As someone has mentioned earlier, Skipp is doing well at Norwich, why we would play Foyth in midfield ahead of him is baffling

Another way of putting it is that Juan Foyth is almost 3 years older than Oliver Skipp.

Yet Oliver Skipp is looking better and better starting in 21 consecutive games at Norwich playing much better sides in a league which is probably 5th or 6 th best in Europe.

Whilst Foyth has been pulled off at half time against 2nd rate sides in EL who are way below Championship standard

And this was Foyth's playing record up to a week ago :

La Liga - 1 start (subbed at HT) and 1 off bench, total 50 minutes
Europa League - 4 starts and one goal, total 360 minutes
Copa Del Rey - 1 start, total 78 minutes

So Foyth has a long way to catch Skipp up.........and yet almost 3 years older........

Back
Top Bottom