Dad of a new Spurs fan...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hi all, my son has recently decided he’s a Spurs fan. I’m very happy about this as I have a big soft spot for Spurs (full disclosure though I’m originally from Glasgow and support Celtic...) and given we live in South London he had a range of dodgy local options which he passed up. I’m trying to take him to as many games as possible and was looking for advice as to what the best way to get matchday tickets is. I’ve joined One Hotspur Plus, simply because of the priority access to tickets. My position on the season ticket queue indicates I’m in for a long wait for a season ticket. Any advice from you guys would be gratefully received.

Hi all, my son has recently decided he’s a Spurs fan. I’m very happy about this as I have a big soft spot for Spurs (full disclosure though I’m originally from Glasgow and support Celtic...) and given we live in South London he had a range of dodgy local options which he passed up. I’m trying to take him to as many games as possible and was looking for advice as to what the best way to get matchday tickets is. I’ve joined One Hotspur Plus, simply because of the priority access to tickets. My position on the season ticket queue indicates I’m in for a long wait for a season ticket. Any advice from you guys would be gratefully received.
Get advice off someone like Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor , he's always helpful with this sort of stuff.
I would of thought that at Wembley there shouldn't be too many problems.
NWHL could be big problems,

And congratulations on your/our new little yiddo.

How old is he ?

Thanks for that. Yes we got tickets for the Leicester game without any hassle. Woolwich is a test. He’s hardcore already though so a bit worried about when WHL opens...he’s 10. I guess I’m a Yiddo too now which is fine by me!

If you both have One Hotspur + memberships getting tickets for Wembley will be very easy.

Just check the official website for on sale dates or follow Spurs on Twitter to keep in the loop.

Tickets for members at the new stadium will be harder to come by. Just make sure you are near a computer when tickets go on sale.

My dad came down from.Glasgow with his brother in 1950's both fans of gods own team. Religious thing was much bigger then too?... Dad soon met my mum who was from Ireland and they soon settled in Rotherhithe and dad Went to Millwall first but soon settled on spurs as his team apart from his love for the bouys..weird ahh?.
You should be fine for match day tickets at Wembley for the rest of the season.. Although for the game against the devil's own team I would urge you to take advantage of your extra grace day to obtain tickets.
Away tickets you've got no chance being very honest...
And I really wouldn't worry about the season ticket thing at the moment.. The fallout of the delay in moving back home is yet to pan out.

That’s what I thought, thank you. Question though - do we both have to be One Hotspur Plus members (I had assumed I could buy two tickets on my membership and I did with a basic membership for the Leicester game). I’m actually happy to get him a membership as he’ll love the gifts!

That’s what I thought, thank you. Question though - do we both have to be One Hotspur Plus members (I had assumed I could buy two tickets on my membership and I did with a basic membership for the Leicester game). I’m actually happy to get him a membership as he’ll love the gifts!

Get him a junior + membership. It will make life much easier when getting tickets.

Gaurav Bhasker

Welcome to the forum as well.

There are a few cnuts on here, but Hope you get involved with your opinions.

A couple of tips
Be generous with clicking on "like", "agree" and "funny" (not so much on "disagree") when reading someones posts.

Click on "reply" when replying to someone, that way the person you are responding to gets a notification and will maybe get back to quicker.

Gaurav Bhasker

Welcome to the forum as well.

There are a few cnuts on here, but Hope you get involved with your opinions.

A couple of tips
Be generous with clicking on "like", "agree" and "funny" (not so much on "disagree") when reading someones posts.

Click on "reply" when replying to someone, that way the person you are responding to gets a notification and will maybe get back to quicker.
Thanks appreciate it mate. Don’t appreciate the fact that Valencia are 2-0 up though....

My dad came down from.Glasgow with his brother in 1950's both fans of gods own team. Religious thing was much bigger then too?... Dad soon met my mum who was from Ireland and they soon settled in Rotherhithe and dad Went to Millwall first but soon settled on spurs as his team apart from his love for the bouys..weird ahh?.
You should be fine for match day tickets at Wembley for the rest of the season.. Although for the game against the devil's own team I would urge you to take advantage of your extra grace day to obtain tickets.
Away tickets you've got no chance being very honest...
And I really wouldn't worry about the season ticket thing at the moment.. The fallout of the delay in moving back home is yet to pan out.
Thanks for the advice. And I think Spurs are like Celtic from what I can see, a real club, with real fans, who pay their own way. Thanks also for the warm welcome.

Right so when you’re buying you can add a second member or something and then get seats together?
Yes - by having a membership each you will be able to be added to eachother’s ‘network’ enabling tickets to be bought together and allocated to each individual membership.

Welcome to the greatest club in the world.

That makes a change, a son influencing his dad. Welcome to you both. Being a Spurs supporter is a bit of a roller coaster ride, but it's very rarely boring! I was 11 when I started to support Spurs and 52 years later, the obsession is as strong as ever.
Human nature being what it is, if we start tailing off and the novelty of the new stadium wears off, there may be more availability in the future, but of course we don't want that to happen, do we?!! Seriously, games against the smaller teams may be a bit easier if you have membership.
Here's to several happy years watching the mighty Lilywhites.

Back
Top Bottom