Damn UEFA you don't need to make it hurt even more

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

just when you think you've hit rock bottom you find out you can keep on digging. Has no one said you know what maybe spurs have suffered enough this season, lets wait a year of two to talk about this :defoe:

I'm no Platoche, but it strikes me that his point is simple: Champions League is always looking into changing the rules to make it better. He tosses changing this rule along with yellow cards and the like.

In other words, the reason he's talking about it since other people won't fucking stop talking about it. My TL blew up in a lovefest over a dude complaining to Blatter!

Rules is rules. Who do we think we are, Liverpool?

Éperons said:
I'm no Platoche, but it strikes me that his point is simple: Champions League is always looking into changing the rules to make it better. He tosses changing this rule along with yellow cards and the like.

In other words, the reason he's talking about it since other people won't fucking stop talking about it. My TL blew up in a lovefest over a dude complaining to Blatter!

Rules is rules. Who do we think we are, Liverpool?

It was more the way he said it, that bit about Juve, though a joke still adds salt to the wounds

If he had called the meeting to tell the world that the rule is bad, but they will wait three years, then that's one thing. And the article is written to give that impression. I'd reckon, though, that he was talking about a bunch of stuff, and someone asked him specifically about this issue because, though it's a settled rule and has been for years, it still seems like it's the most important thing in world football (to the British press). This story isn't even running at l'Équipe or So Foot. They'd rather run wire reports about Barton.

It's our lot to be kicked in the teeth time and again, to be taken the piss out of by woolworths and chelsea scum because we get the rug pulled out from under our feet. It's just the way it is. When we're at a nadir, Football finds a way to kick us again. chelsea and woolwich will always be the trashy cunts next door with no class though, they'd sell their grannies for a trophy. It's difficult to remember in times like these but we're better off because their clubs are followed by the cunts you feel like twatting when they talk about football. They know fuck all, they go silent for months until they've started winning some games again, they're literally fucking scum. Michel dickhead Platini talking his usual bollocks means nothing, really.

i could take the abuse from the Woolwich supporters who i had given a bit of a ribbing to when we were ten points clear because at least they were there when they were losing, where i almost lost it and went columbine on peoples arses is when some "chelsea fan" came up to me and ironically asked "oh what team do you support again" yet no one had know he was a "chelsea fan" until they had beaten barca. thats what hurts the most when those true glory hunters take the piss those who are never there to take stick, those who only give it

CUNTS :nawty:

I don't see why people are getting their knickers in a twist over it, the joke at the end was merely that - a joke. Say what you want about Platini, but it's a non-issue.

Park Lane James said:
I don't see why people are getting their knickers in a twist over it, the joke at the end was merely that - a joke. Say what you want about Platini, but it's a non-issue.

A "joke" that wasn't funny, was ill timed and that shows what an utter thunderc**t the guy is. I hope the joke ends with the rule changing to no defending champs like the WC. The final time the rule isn't in place sees us playing Juve in the CL final with Juve in 8th in Serie A and we give them an absolute dicking. Want to see Ekotto, all smiles collecting his winners medal from that teary eyed anti English prick.

bensonrecon said:
A "joke" that wasn't funny, was ill timed and that shows what an utter thunderc**t the guy is.
Of course it was funny. I laughed when I read it, even if Platini did ditch Saint-Étienne for Juventus.

With that joke, he's pointing out how ridiculous the hand-wringing over this non-situation is.

Champions League wasn't "robbed" from Tottenham when Chelsea won. Spurs don't have a right to be in the CL. Yet I'm seeing a startling number of people acting that way, completely forgetting that

a) Spurs dicked themselves out of a third place position, which would have guaranteed the spot.

b) We continued said dicking even when it looked like Chelsea's CL performance would invoke the rule.

c) We will probably be in the same position regarding the table next year, and will hopefully aim higher.

We're like the child who cries to his mom about the bad result he got on an exam, sobbing until mommy goes and talks to the teacher and begs the teacher to change the mark. It's appalling.

Better yet, we're acting as though, if not for an insane streak of good luck, we, a typically mid-table team with no European ambition, will never sniff the CL again. Fuck that. We're better than that. We had an outrageous sum of things go against us, and STILL we were one solitary point from our best finish in the PL era. We don't need to catch lightning in a bottle to make the CL. We just need to play well. So we don't need the rules to be changed. We just need to realise our excellence.

And that's why Platini's joke is funny. Because it shows how the very fact that there is grumbling about the rule—now—points out that we're nothing but sore losers, thinking that Platini could, arbitrarily, on a whim, change the rules just for cute little Spurs. Come on.

:coys:

(thought of this on the train: the joke shows that the world would meltdown with charges of unfair! if he were to change the rules for Juventus, so why would he do that for Spurs? The very idea that the rule should be changed post facto to benefit Spurs is the real joke. )

Why get wound up about it? (unless you secretly revel in that sort of thing?) nothing to see here... move along!

Regardless of your own personal views on Platini, he will and always will have Juve in his heart... he's what Hoddle was to us, or Henry was to ArseAnal... if, hypothetically in about 15-20 years time either of those two find themselves at the head of UEFA, i'd expect them to make similar 'favourable' comments to their 'special' club... nothing more sinister than that.

Mind you, in 15-20 years time, there will probably only be Man City & Chelsea left as actual professional clubs, each with have a squad of 150 overpaid global superstars, and they'll play each other 30 times a season for the right to contest the NIKE-ADDIDAS-SKY-GLOBAL-SUPER-FOOTBALL-WORLD-TOURNAMENT-OF-THE-ENTIRE-WORLD... against the likes of Menzhi-Acalacadoo-dah & PSG, which Dubai will be hosting in 2030

Back
Top Bottom