Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He just called out Levy in public. Time for him to deliver. We need a potentially World Class winger, the players, fans & coach all know it.

Who is that player though?
I'd like someone who has won titles before. I don't really know who is right for us that we can get, but I remember our CL year with Redknapp we signed VDV and that's kind of what we need here, a player of that profile who everyone knows is quality and has something about him.

I'd like someone who has won titles before. I don't really know who is right for us that we can get, but I remember our CL year with Redknapp we signed VDV and that's kind of what we need here, a player of that profile who everyone knows is quality and has something about him.

Ousmane Dembele. Clear out all the failed righted sided players and we'll have the dosh to buy him.

Ousmane Dembele. Clear out all the failed righted sided players and we'll have the dosh to buy him.

I wish we had signed both Dembeles last year, and would be happy to sign either now, but I don't think these are the kind of players I have in mind. Yes, they'd be great signings and improve our squad, maybe even our team overall, but they don't bring a lot of experience of winning titles, being at the top top clubs.

I don't think Rose is saying these things to put any pressure on the club - but rather knows what we're aiming to do and is talking about it in general terms.

If I was a player, and the club wanted me to sign a new 5 year deal, you can be damn well sure that I'd want to know what the plan for the next few years is - including transfers. Unless he was lied to, I'd say his quotes on 5live are the biggest 'ITK' we could get.

Rose is documented as a Poch pet.

He's not going anywhere

They literally call him the gaffer's son.
:allitongue::roseunsure:

James Rodriguez might have those qualities(?)

He just called out Levy in public. Time for him to deliver. We need a potentially World Class winger, the players, fans & coach all know it.
We also need to fill 90,000 seats at Wembley every other week. This is a great opportunity for the club to grow in stature around the world. Never before has a Marquee signing or two been more crucial. Seems to know what he's talking about , does Danny

A top draw signing would reassure the players that the club respects their loyalty by staying with us and not moving on to a dodgy cash club.
We are so nearly their and a combination of young talent and a experienced winner is the next step .
Hopefully the days of stripping the talent are behind us but who knows what's going on.

You say; "we"... i'm not sure if the "we" you refer to is the same club as the "we" we all support!
futurama-fry-whats-wrong-with-you-youre-not-one-of-us.jpg

heh-heh-heh... we-we!

Last edited:
I think he is spot on. A VDV type player would be a great addition, someone that won things and has that winning mentality. I don't know who as I don't follow things outside of spurs that closely.

I think he is spot on. A VDV type player would be a great addition, someone that won things and has that winning mentality. I don't know who as I don't follow things outside of spurs that closely.

Alves, Mertens. We have Toby who won the league with Atletico Madrid.

That boat has sailed, we where linked to both Dembele's but it didn't happen, this years Dembele is Ryan Sessegnon, only turned 17, going to be a monster.

We do also need to be careful of comments being made by Rose and maybe others players who will follow suit.

It is one thing saying we need a world class player or a signature signing but is that what Pochettino wants? Is he going to Levy and making such demands? I am not certain he is.

We do need greater depth in our squad. Last time round many played at near optimum for long periods but our ability to deliver shock and awe were not quite as evident as maybe Chelsea and City despite our resilience in the face of injuries to key players.

I think a marquee signing (whatever that means) would be the cherry on a very well formed cake but at what cost and with what temperament? If we can get the kind of qualities shown by Ibrahimovic and Bale in his last season with us then for sure. If we were saddled with the stroppy antics of Sanchez or Berbatov at their babyish, dummy-throwing worst then hmmmmmm......

We are right at that tipping point of twist but how much and stick but at what cost.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom