Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The key thing that needs to be found out is WHEN he said this. If this was said at the time when he was in the BBC radio studio of Five Live then I don't have too much of an issue with it. As you say it's The Sun, they could have held on to this and chose to release it now??? If it's from an interview in past 48hrs then he's fucked. So I'm going to hold on to my shit before this is revealed. (Didn't he only come out with quotes a day or so ago stating how happy he was???).
Yep, the timing is everything.

I blame Poch. We're ahead on the 'project'. We've assembled and created a great team for modest cost on modest wages, and due to our performances the last 2 years, these players could earn more for what they do. If we were already in our new stadium, we'd be better placed to pay better money.

I'm sure the players understand that. It's just that some of them aren't that bothered and want the 'big club money' that we cannot yet offer.
Lol how is any of this Poch's fault?

Yep, the timing is everything.
And the timing of this makes no sense, other than to cause a massive stir, especially for a player that's been out with knee ligament injury for half the season and not due back for a further month. I'm obviously looking for excuses but this simply doesn't sound like Rose. Rose was the player that Poch has made, he would be in the Championship playing for Sunderland were it not for Poch, he also had to be convinced by Lamela that this club could fight for things. Rose is refreshingly honest in his interviews, he has never held back but this is also music to the ears of a reporter at the Sun. If the comments are old, then I still worry the damage it will cause as fans get the pitch forks out.

Don't think most people realise that he has been out for the last 7 months now. Contributed nothing to our winning run bar his interviews where he said that some players feel like they have done enough. Have a look in the mirror Danny.

No matter how the Sun will turn his statements around, it was still his decision to hold an interview with those cunts. Seems like some agent wants to cash off after Poch has turned him and Walker into actual football players.

He can go. If United bids £50m, sell him. I have seen enough in this transfer window, clubs need to step up and make a mark. It can't be that players and their bastard agents feel as if they are bigger than their club. Rose has become a great full back, before Poch he was nothing. Who the fuck does he think he is? Our transfer business is none of his matter.

Yes, most of the fans feel frustrated about the window. Look at the bigger picture. Levy has brought this club far and he is not only planning for now, but for the future. If he feels that a certain player just isn't worth the asking price, well, then we are not getting that player. There is no reason to overpay on average players when the market is this inflated. Milan and Everton will soon enough crash like card houses, but that's also a different story.

We will continue our way. Poch is the most important asset of this team. If there are players who feel that it's more important to earn another 50k a week elsewhere, then let them leave. We are a football club and not a merchandise. The Glazers, FSG, the Chinese, the Qataris... let them play career mode all over Europe.

Levy will continue his policy. And you can express your criticism all you want, bringing us where we are now, he has earned my trust. Unlike Danny Rose, who has stabbed us from the back. Think about that for a moment & end of the rant.

No pitchforks from me, but I know that if he does want to go, it's just a matter of when and it usually doesn't take longer than 1-2 transfer windows. I'm resigned to awaiting the club's eventual response - to bring in reinforcement or twitter about Ben Davies :kanehand:

The key thing that needs to be found out is WHEN he said this. If this was said at the time when he was in the BBC radio studio of Five Live then I don't have too much of an issue with it. As you say it's The Sun, they could have held on to this and chose to release it now??? If it's from an interview in past 48hrs then he's fucked. So I'm going to hold on to my shit before this is revealed. (Didn't he only come out with quotes a day or so ago stating how happy he was???).
OK, so I've read the content... he's a fucking idiot and if I was Poch I would kick him squarely in the sponge.

The one thing I will support him on and that's how the fans treated him. It's tuff reading, but I'm delighted he is calling out the fans, who were disgusting in the abuse they gave him, I will never forget the reaction on twitter to him agreeing his new deal. If these words don't hit home to those who called him out, then fans deserve a player walking out on them.

The one thing I will support him on and that's how the fans treated him. It's tuff reading, but I'm delighted he is calling out the fans, who were disgusting in the abuse they gave him, I will never forget the reaction on twitter to him agreeing his new deal. If these words don't hit home to those who called him out, then fans deserve a player walking out on them.

Be honest mate, we were appalled when he signed that contract. He was rubbish before Poch got hold of him - he didn't deserve much respect for his performances prior to that.

I'd guess every team has a portion of these "fans" but it's still no excuse. In recent times I can think of players like Jenas, Lee, BAE etc. who were crucified by a mob for no other reason than needing a scapegoat, tribalism and loving the sound of their own voice.

Be honest mate, we were appalled when he signed that contract. He was rubbish before Poch got hold of him - he didn't deserve much respect for his performances prior to that.
That's no excuse for the things that come of some people's mouths Joe. Especially now when it's being said directly to the player through a veil of anonymity.

Well it's a cautionary tale for us fans.....but Rose is being a whiny bitch and using that as an excuse

He can obviously double his wages at another club, but it's not as simple as that when you have just signed a new contract.

Having read it, sounds like he's had far too much time on his hands doing nothing while injured and that 'people' have been whispering in his ear. He's basically said "i don't want to move but if i play this season like i did last (before i got injured) then it (the money/trophies etc) will take care of itself"- which is a bit ambiguous. Meaning he could get rewarded by spurs or have a better offer elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom