Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I dont blame Mourinho for that at all.

Rose was unfit, out of form and hadnt been near form for a long time, short on contract and with a cunts attitude - made Mourinhos choice for him really.
with a cunts attitude……the guy had issues and perhaps that didn’t help with the attitude on his day on form Davis & Reguilon can’t get anywhere near him wish him all the best and he finds peace…..

One of those players who had a roller coaster career. I loved and disliked him in equal measure. But the final interview made me quite sad that it ended on a sour note. I will remember the good times, he deserves that and I hope he can have a happy life.

Apparently joining Watford...

Honestly a bit surprised he didn't hang them up but if he can still cash checks I get it. He's really nowhere near PL standard anymore and I'll be shocked if he plays a significant role for them next season.

Wasn't Watford the club Rose said wasn't good enough for him when we were looking to move him on and he overrated his worth?

Honestly a bit surprised he didn't hang them up but if he can still cash checks I get it. He's really nowhere near PL standard anymore and I'll be shocked if he plays a significant role for them next season.
He has been very out of shape towards the end with us, his body looks completely different to how it was at the start of his career.

Not looking to start an argument over something you didn't say, so apologies in advance and this isn't really directed at you, but I can't help but look at last year's roster combined with your comment that "he's nowhere near PL standard" and think....

"But Ben Davies is?"

He was right about Mourinho, he deserved a place on the squad this (EDIT)... LAST year, and deserved to go out better than he did.

Last edited:
Not looking to start an argument over something you didn't say, so apologies in advance and this isn't really directed at you, but I can't help but look at last year's roster combined with your comment that "he's nowhere near PL standard" and think....

"But Ben Davies is?"

He was right about Mourinho, he deserved a place on the squad this year, and deserved to go out better than he did.
He hasn't played a competitive match in about a year and that was for Newcastle where he was absolutely awful and out of shape. He turns 31 next month.

Ben Davies is miles better than Rose at this point and if you think he deserved a place in the squad last season I'm not sure what to tell you.

Edit, as further evidence, here is what a Newcastle site said about him...

When signing older players who have had high end careers, two factors are essential when considering the deals. Are they physically up for the challenge? Do they still have the necessary desire?

On what we saw of Danny Rose for NUFC on loan, I have to say that it was an emphatic NO! His level of fitness and desire was so poor, especially when he claimed that he had always wanted to play for Newcastle United.

I saw somebody sauntering (literally walking at times) around the pitch for NUFC, not appearing to care about his level of fitness or having the real desire to help Newcastle in these final matches after the Premier League restarted and the quarter-finals of the FA Cup.

"But Ben Davies is?"

He was right about Mourinho, he deserved a place on the squad this year, and deserved to go out better than he did.

He does not deserve a spot in this squad, and unless we switch to 3 at the back and need CB depth neither does Ben Davies.

He can have been right about Jose and still not close to good enough. He created his own bed and then cried about it. That is all on him. He doesn't deserve to go out better than he did when he refused to go on transfers because he thought he was too big for the only clubs interested in him.

He hasn't played a competitive match in about a year and that was for Newcastle where he was absolutely awful and out of shape. He turns 31 next month.

Ben Davies is miles better than Rose at this point and if you think he deserved a place in the squad last season I'm not sure what to tell you.

Edit, as further evidence, here is what a Newcastle site said about him...

When signing older players who have had high end careers, two factors are essential when considering the deals. Are they physically up for the challenge? Do they still have the necessary desire?

On what we saw of Danny Rose for NUFC on loan, I have to say that it was an emphatic NO! His level of fitness and desire was so poor, especially when he claimed that he had always wanted to play for Newcastle United.

I saw somebody sauntering (literally walking at times) around the pitch for NUFC, not appearing to care about his level of fitness or having the real desire to help Newcastle in these final matches after the Premier League restarted and the quarter-finals of the FA Cup.

Yeah, don't care what age he turns next year, I'm talking about last year.

Also don't particularly care about the opinions of someone on a Newcastle site. Even accepting that opinion as true, there's no reason to assume his fitness/desire wouldn't have improved had he been with Spurs.

In short, how old he is next year, and his performance with Newcastle don't provide much insight into how he might have performed for Spurs last year.

I'm fine with you disagreeing, this is all subjective.

He does not deserve a spot in this squad, and unless we switch to 3 at the back and need CB depth neither does Ben Davies.

He can have been right about Jose and still not close to good enough. He created his own bed and then cried about it. That is all on him. He doesn't deserve to go out better than he did when he refused to go on transfers because he thought he was too big for the only clubs interested in him.
Again.

Last season. Not next season.

I'll never understand why supporters/fans give the club a pass for treating a business like a business, but then get upset with players for treating a business like a business.

This place has no loyalty for players they don't rate and want half the club sold, but they're supposed to be loyal to the club to a fault.

Why exactly? Why should they behave differently than the club, especially considering the fact the club will be around long after their careers are done.

Again.

Last season. Not next season.

I'll never understand why supporters/fans give the club a pass for treating a business like a business, but then get upset with players for treating a business like a business.

This place has no loyalty for players they don't rate and want half the club sold, but they're supposed to be loyal to the club to a fault.

Why exactly? Why should they behave differently than the club, especially considering the fact the club will be around long after their careers are done.

If he hadn’t cried and just sat out after refusing to go places that were beneath him than fine but he can’t have it both ways.

His problem was he couldn’t admit he wasn’t good enough and thought he was big time. If that is the case he should have gone to clubs that wanted him and shown it not refused trsnsfers and whine.

Yeah, don't care what age he turns next year, I'm talking about last year.

Also don't particularly care about the opinions of someone on a Newcastle site. Even accepting that opinion as true, there's no reason to assume his fitness/desire wouldn't have improved had he been with Spurs.

In short, how old he is next year, and his performance with Newcastle don't provide much insight into how he might have performed for Spurs last year.

I'm fine with you disagreeing, this is all subjective.
I am talking about this past season as well which is why I referenced his performance two seasons ago.

He was absolutely diabolical for Spurs for a long time before he went to Newcastle. He was shit at Newcastle as well.

He's been outirght bad for 2-3 seasons and that's why he deserved to have no place in the squad LAST season. He's just a crap footballer at this point.

If he hadn’t cried and just sat out after refusing to go places that were beneath him than fine but he can’t have it both ways.

We should probably just agree to disagree. I'm not trying to convince you otherwise, but here's how I see it.

I don't think Spurs are completely innocent here. Rose's biggest fault is being too honest and transparent. Rose has made mistakes, sure, he's admitted as much. But he's also been proven correct over time on many of the things that got him in trouble. I will freely admit that I may have forgotten, but did he actually refuse transfers or was it reported that he refused a transfer? I tried to find evidence of him refusing a transfer and came back across the link below. If Rose says there were no offers, I believe him. If you don't, okay fine.

Rose insists there were no bids for him in the off-season and now says he will only leave Spurs when he becomes a free agent at the end of his current deal in June 2021.

"I know what people were trying to do in the summer... There were no bids — that was rubbish."

He also didn't just "sit out" after not being sold. He started the first game of the 2019-2020 season. His row with Mourinho was about not getting any opportunities while players who weren't in form continued to play. He isn't someone who just wanted to sit out and collect a paycheck. But if I'm misremembering please help me out with a link.

His problem was he couldn’t admit he wasn’t good enough and thought he was big time. If that is the case he should have gone to clubs that wanted him and shown it not refused trsnsfers and whine.

Rose has admitted he has not been playing well enough, revealing a number of visits to Pochettino's office to discuss his form...."There's no magic formula," Rose said of his form. "I've personally made quite a few mistakes this season and I know that because the manager has called me in quite a few times and we've analysed things. It can happen throughout your career and it's happening right now to me. The manager has done everything possible to help me get back to how I was playing last season. Obviously I'm raring to go and I'm up for the challenge.
"I'm ever so lucky for that relationship that I have with [Pochettino]...
...I've got very good relationships with both managers, I feel as if both managers know that I may not always play well but they can rely on me giving 100 per cent in each game that I play. I feel very lucky that I'm in the situation I'm in."

So no, I don't agree with the statement that "His problem was he couldn’t admit he wasn’t good enough and thought he was big time." I think many of the supporters, give/gave Levy/Mourinho/Spurs far too much credit with how this played out.

Rose's biggest fault is being too honest and transparent.
Wrong. That is not necessarily a fault.

Danny's biggest mistake was giving an "interview" to the filthiest shitcunt rag known to Brits. And not only that, but taking their dirty money to let them destabilise our club on the eve of a premier league season.

CAN NOT FORGIVE.

Not wanting to try to belittle you, but if you were immersed in the culture on this side of the Atlantic you would have more of a feel as to why what he did was SO bad.

Back
Top Bottom