Dawson to QPR?! What is this?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It keeps popping up that Dawson is leaving.

I personally have no problem with him staying at Tottenham, he has had a few poor games this season, but I believe in his loyalty and see this as something that is more than just about the club - more the manager I believe.

AVB said it's a possibility?! That is basically fuelling transfer rumours and hinting towards him leaving in January.

Our defence is weak enough. It would be mad to loose him when Gallas hasn't exactly been on form recently.

:dempsey: :dawsonwtf:

Very nearly lost him at to QPR at the end of August if rumors are to be believed. A lot of us (myself included) thought he was as good as gone but something broke down in the end, again if rumors are correct.

Personally I think the fact that the August move broke down gives us a bit of hope to keep him. He's come out of a run of games where he couldn't get in the team to put in some very very good shifts and he's been in the media saying he's committed to us. He is a massive part of Spurs and I'd like to think he doesn't take that lightly. Hope I'm right.

Right when I heard Redknapp got the job I thought Dawson would be going there. He would become a captain/starter on a premier league club, and I think he deserves that. Would be very sad to see him go though.

They reportedly offered £8m for a 28yr old who was expected to be behind four other central defenders, don't think they could agree personal terms though. I can see him and/or Parker going there in January.

When Kaboul gets healthy why would he want to stay? AVB still rates Caulker, Vertonghen and Kaboul higher than him, and he's too good to be fourth choice.

Harry is being linked with every player under the sun. He already has a massive squad. where is he going to fit in all the players?

Rotation.

:baletroll:

82776004.gif

What is this mind blowing principle.

He could say that about any player to be fair.
Yes, he could have said it about Defoe for example (in this exact same interview!) but he chose to completely rule it out ("that's not possible" "It's absolutely impossible").

I'm not saying Dawson will absolutely be sold. Especially if he continues the development he showed against West Ham, and also if Kaboul's recovery goes slower than expected, maybe AVB will decide to keep him around (after all wasn't Kaboul's injury one of the main reasons it fell through). On the other hand, Redknapp being at QPR does make it that much more likely that the deal will be revived, especially if QPR's defense continues to be atrocious.

Dawson hasn't played enough, and when he has he has been better than Gallas. I don't want him sold, I doubt AVB wants to sell him either but as we don't know what our funds are for January (if it is only £20m then an additional £8-£10m would be welcome, dependent on use).

For what it is worth, Dawson is limited but exceptional at what he is good at, winning the ball in the air, perfectly timing last ditch tackles, more often than not, and these are traits that have certain people consider John Terry the best English centre half of a generation.

Back
Top Bottom