DeAndre Yedlin

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I still hope this is a loan.

The last time we sent an otherwise shit full back to the North East it didn't go too badly.
:roseunsure:

Also, think of those sweet sweet American dollars we'll miss out on if we sell him.
:levywtf:

With Walker-Peters coming through the ranks I don't worry too much about letting Yedlin go. I think it's equally important to don't have players on the books that could potentially block our best youth products their way into the 1st team squad.

With Walker-Peters coming through the ranks I don't worry too much about letting Yedlin go. I think it's equally important to don't have players on the books that could potentially block our best youth products their way into the 1st team squad.
Ah yes - KWP briefly escaped my mind there.

Besides, we'll have Cameron Carter-Vickers as the best 'American' player within a few years anyway!

Sorry to all the Americans on here, but for £5 million (as reported) lets get it done. He's a long way down the pecking order & he doesn't look much more than a speed demon. If Poch is willing to see him go, then I'm not arguing.

The "speed demon" moniker isn't too far from the truth. I've watched him play more times than I can count and I've seen him play in person against Mexico. He's a very fast player that offers these tantalizing glimpses of something I don't actually think is ever going to come to fruition. I think that he was decent at Sunderland and helped to keep them up, but I think he looked pretty lost during a lot of those matches and relied on his speed to fix his positional errors.

The fact that people continually think he should be played as a winger basically says what you need to know.

5 million is a fair price.

To double our profit on Yedlin with him playing just the once for us is outstanding.

Thanks Newcastle.

That's actually a horrible scenario. Doubling our profit means that we sell him to Newcastle, buy him back and then sell him BACK to Newcastle and therefore double our profit off of him. You can't double profit on one player.

But I do know what you meant and I agree with you.

De Andre 'Meh'dlin!

Shame it didn't work out... all speed and not much else by the sounds of it...
if only the boy could put in a cross... he'd have been fucking gold dust!

Sorry to all the Americans on here, but for £5 million (as reported) lets get it done. He's a long way down the pecking order & he doesn't look much more than a speed demon. If Poch is willing to see him go, then I'm not arguing.
Don't know why you apologized to the Americans on here. If he's not Spurs he's not Spurs, there is no American on here that is bummed because he's American and didn't make it. I would assume we and many others on here are bummed that he's a right back that didn't make it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Don't know why you apologized to the Americans on here. If he's not Spurs he's not Spurs, there is no American on here that is bummed because he's American and didn't make it. I would assume we and many others on here are bummed that he's a right back that didn't make it. Nothing more, nothing less.
Too much is made of people becoming fans of the club because we sign a player from 'x' nation. I doubt we got many fans from South Africa when we signed Khumalo..

Honestly, I'm pretty bummed that he didn't make it. We all knew going in that Spurs were taking a punt and he probably wouldn't ever reach the required level, but seeing your countryman succeed at the club that you love is special (at least when your country doesn't put many players into top flights around the world).

Even though guys like Keller, Dempsey, and Friedel were never my favorite players in a Spurs shirt there was still some special feeling whenever they stepped up and produced for the team.

Honestly, I'm pretty bummed that he didn't make it. We all knew going in that Spurs were taking a punt and he probably wouldn't ever reach the required level, but seeing your countryman succeed at the club that you love is special (at least when your country doesn't put many players into top flights around the world).

Even though guys like Keller, Dempsey, and Friedel were never my favorite players in a Spurs shirt there was still some special feeling whenever they stepped up and produced for the team.

Don't worry, Carter-Vickers will make the step!

Back
Top Bottom