Dejan Kulusevski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Early days but initial thoughts:

Pros
  • Technically better than most of the current squad on the ball
  • Good awareness and picks the right pass
  • Good striker of the ball
Cons
  • Slow
  • Dwells on ball often - which results in losing ball or slowing counter attacks down
  • Looks a bit lost defensively

He is young and could develop further. Positioning and playing the ball faster can easily be coached when he's used to playing with Kane/Son etc. My worry is that we haven't developed any players at the club in several years.

Expensive signing if we make it permanent. I don't think he'll be a world beater, but is definitely an upgrade to our squad. Promising early signs. Looks dangerous in and around the box.

2 out of 3 can be coached.... Literally only been here a matter of weeks.

Bodes well IMO.

Thought he was pretty damn bad. Do think there's an element of people being much kinder to him because he's a new signing. Couple of good moments but also lost the ball repeatedly and didn't look at all up to the tempo of the game, first touch/turn of pace was really off it.

Pros
Cons
  • Slow
  • Dwells on ball often - which results in losing ball or slowing counter attacks down

He is young and could develop further. Positioning and playing the ball faster can easily be coached when he's used to playing with Kane/Son etc. My worry is that we haven't developed any players at the club in several years.

Expensive signing if we make it permanent. I don't think he'll be a world beater, but is definitely an upgrade to our squad. Promising early signs. Looks dangerous in and around the box.
Agree
Only with expensive signing
Since 3/4 years unfortunately it's a normal price
which you pay especially for young players which are at a top club...
For us tottenham it's expensive yes

We can criticize him all we want for putting in a poor performance but we need to understand that he's not really playing RW. Conte's got him playing AM/holding mid for large chunks of games. I'm sure he didn't expect to be defending 75% of the time.

Pros
Cons
  • Slow

It's not slow - it feels slow. He's like a snatcher ... Seriously with Conte he will improve a lot tactically.

GIF by FOX International Channels

What having an actual footballer can do for a team. No more Lucas/Bergwijn playing fucking pinball with the football.

Back
Top Bottom