Dilan Markanday

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Never quite got what happened here. He was clearly identified by several managers as having potential, I think Jose even ostensibly marked him, but in the end didn’t see any real playing time.

Embarrassing, we should tell Conte to use the kids I'm sure he would love that.
He should have been in the squads for the Conference League, and for the Morecambe game. Conte doesn't historically use youth, granted, but doesn't mean we should neglect it. Should have at least got him a loan this season.

Embarrassing from the club. He should have 100% been given a chance in the first team. More shit management of our youth.

Sorry but there is absolutely no way Conte is putting him in the side ahead of Son, Kane or Lucas, Bergwijn, Lo Celso, Dele, Ndombele.

He's been here just over two fucking months, inherited one of the most unfit, dysfunctional teams in the league. He needs to first reverse the mire and then simultaneously assess the first team players so that he can make recommendations and plans for the future.

He could of course stuck him in this dysfunctional team, destroyed the lad's confidence for good along with his value.

If he turns out to be great then we are becoming financially strong enough to buy the lad back, if he's the lifelong Spurs fan he says he is and Conte has improved and has us competing back at the pointy end of the table again then I'm sure we would be an attractive proposition for him and one he would jump at.

Embarrassing from the club. He should have 100% been given a chance in the first team. More shit management of our youth.

Was he good enough though?

Heard so many things about this guy but he was never picked by either Nuno or Conte.

At least with KWP, Caroll, Edwards - they saw some game time, even Alfie Devine and Ben White have played competetive for Spurs.

Was he good enough though?

Heard so many things about this guy but he was never picked by either Nuno or Conte.

At least with KWP, Caroll, Edwards - they saw some game time, even Alfie Devine and Ben White have played competetive for Spurs.

He played 10-15mins against Vitese, but I take your point.

Last edited:
Sorry but there is absolutely no way Conte is putting him in the side ahead of Son, Kane or Lucas, Bergwijn, Lo Celso, Dele, Ndombele.

He's been here just over two fucking months, inherited one of the most unfit, dysfunctional teams in the league. He needs to first reverse the mire and then simultaneously assess the first team players so that he can make recommendations and plans for the future.

He could of course stuck him in this dysfunctional team, destroyed the lad's confidence for good along with his value.

If he turns out to be great then we are becoming financially strong enough to buy the lad back, if he's the lifelong Spurs fan he says he is and Conte has improved and has us competing back at the pointy end of the table again then I'm sure we would be an attractive proposition for him and one he would jump at.

On that basis, one wonders why we didn't just loan Gil straight back out ......

Because he'd played 125 games in one of the best leagues in Europe and was a full international I suppose.

They're not at comparable levels in their careers.

I understand that, but I terms of the opportunity for gametime we were likely to be able to provide...... Getting stuck in the arse end of Europe whilst the seniors around you don't give a shit isn't a particularly good development oppo.... Felt for him and Scarlett this season.

WHY?????

Why do fans think all these kids are anywhere near enough to play in the Premier League? The most competitive league in the world,
Why do you think none of the coaches we've had have felt he deserved anymore than a few minutes against pub teams in the ropey league?

On that basis, one wonders why we didn't just loan Gil straight back out ......
I had forgotten about him.

We just might do that, Conte didn't bring him in, during his time with us it could well be a recommendation???? Or he really likes him, rates him higher than Markandy and wants him in the first-team squad and could be one of the reasons why Markandy hasn't chosen to sign a new contract???

WHY?????

Why do fans think all these kids are anywhere near enough to play in the Premier League? The most competitive league in the world,
Why do you think none of the coaches we've had have felt he deserved anymore than a few minutes against pub teams in the ropey league?
How do you know he wouldn't be good enough? He's hardly been given a chance.

How do you know he wouldn't be good enough? He's hardly been given a chance.
I know he won't be good enough because of the following:

1) Law of averages - most kids aren't.
2) He hasn't been given a chance because all the people at the club who actually know him haven't felt the need to give him a chance
3) Fans on forums are the worst scouts in the world.

I would assume that if he was still under contract then we put some kind of buy-back option into the contract. Which is better than loan in the sense that new "owners" don't take the player as temporary foreigner hence will push him as hard as possible, yet when he really turns good, then we have chance to buy him back, even if for 30x the price we paid for him. But if he does not prove himself sufficiently... well then he just did not prove himself and wouln't have made it here either.

Back
Top Bottom