Disagree Trolling

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Remove the 'Disagree' post rating

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm very much round to the idea of a Disagree costing one positive rep. Loving that now.

I can think of plenty of 'trigger happy' posters who will be horrified at this prospect.

giphy.gif

I'm very much round to the idea of a Disagree costing one positive rep. Loving that now.
I know this might shatter your perception on the universe and humanity in general - but not everyone out there associates 'internet-fucking-rep' with some kind of self worth or value of intrinsic quality

Last edited:
I know this might shatter your perception on the universe and humanity in general - but not everyone out there associates 'internet-fucking-rep' with some kind of self worth or value of intrinsic quality
You do and every other fucker on this forum knows it.

And I presume if the above is really your stance, you'd have no issue with losing a positive rep every time you click disagree?

I'd like to know, genuinely, why people get so worked up over a little black tick or cross on an internet forum? I genuinely would like to know the psychology behind it to be honest! Any ideas?

I'd like to know, genuinely, why people get so worked up over a little black tick or cross on an internet forum? I genuinely would like to know the psychology behind it to be honest! Any ideas?
I'm more interested in why people would think they would get someone worked up by doing it to them...

I'm more interested in why people would think they would get someone worked up by doing it to them...
Your posts in this thread very much prove that point. Same for the Spanish dole-thieving waiter, Thicker and basically the entire GAG crew

Last edited:
Would be shame to get rid of a feature that is a quick and easy way to express opinion, just because a small number of mongs are unable to use it responsibly.

Yeah, last night I made the grave error of asking Arcy if he was in fact a Real Madrid fan as I assumed it was common knowledge...I logged on this morning to discover I had eight alerts, curious as to which photo on the random image thread could have engendered such interest you can only imagine my horror to discover I had 7 disagrees... I frantically found the relevant posts to find out what was so disagreeable....especially this one...
Should be a stream available for tonight's U21's game with United.
So I'm sure everyone can sympathize with the fact that I had to immediately find a private corner to quietly sob into, my whole psyche rocked by the revelation that someone doesn't like me..I feel violated...

Yeah, last night I made the grave error of asking Arcy if he was in fact a Real Madrid fan as I assumed it was common knowledge...I logged on this morning to discover I had eight alerts, curious as to which photo on the random image thread could have engendered such interest you can only imagine my horror to discover I had 7 disagrees... I frantically found the relevant posts to find out what was so disagreeable....especially this one...

So I'm sure everyone can sympathize with the fact that I had to immediately find a private corner to quietly sob into, my whole psyche rocked by the revelation that someone doesn't like me..I feel violated...
The fact you've now made this post twice today alone complaining about this - proves the point it obviously affected you - why bother pretending? If you wanna cunt people off - be prepared to take it, dog-breath

Is that what you think? I think you were more affected by me calling you a Real Madrid fan, I've just been trying to highlight to you how ridiculous your behavior has been ever since...but I guess there's no talking to some people, keep on living in your little world mate...

Last edited:
I don't get worked up about it particularly, I just find it a pain in the arse to have to scroll past a fucking spastic giving me 9 disagrees for fuck all to find the alerts that I give a fuck about - quoted posts from people who wish to have a dialogue, rather than specials who get a wee semi when they click a mouse. It would make my life slightly easier to not have to do this, but I'm not sitting in a dark corner self-harming at the prospect of a disagree.

However, anyone who uses this tactic of mass disagreeing has obvious learning difficulties and should have his internet privileges taken away by his Daddy. To come on here giving it "Hey why are you getting so worked up, there's no problem here" whilst being someone that gets so hot under the collar to search out posts to disagree with, deserves a slapping from now till eternity.

Back
Top Bottom