Do we actually need a striker?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

S.L.R said:
Well, I think it's more that the club has supposedly been after strikers like Llorente, Damiao, Rossi etc for the last couple of years yet nothing has materialised. I doubt Sammy, for example, would have been happy of we signed Carlton Cole just to get a signing done.

I think we are not quite as appealing to the top strikers as everyone seems to think, tbh. Although it would be interesting to know what kind of bids Levy actually puts in for these players.

Good point, and I agree. For me that leaves me wondering why we have pursued untouchable strikers for so long, and set our targets at breaking into Europes elite.

Surely, had we not gone after these players, and been way more realistic about our position, we wouldnt all be talking about top 4 and dreaming of titles.

No, I dont want to do a Leeds......but top clubs spend top money, and thats the way it is. If we are not there yet, then we need to lower our sights, stop chasing Leandro etc, and define a group of strikers that will improve us, that we can afford.

sammyspurs said:
S.L.R said:
Well, I think it's more that the club has supposedly been after strikers like Llorente, Damiao, Rossi etc for the last couple of years yet nothing has materialised. I doubt Sammy, for example, would have been happy of we signed Carlton Cole just to get a signing done.

I think we are not quite as appealing to the top strikers as everyone seems to think, tbh. Although it would be interesting to know what kind of bids Levy actually puts in for these players.

Good point, and I agree. For me that leaves me wondering why we have pursued untouchable strikers for so long, and set our targets at breaking into Europes elite.

Surely, had we not gone after these players, and been way more realistic about our position, we wouldnt all be talking about top 4 and dreaming of titles.

No, I dont want to do a Leeds......but top clubs spend top money, and thats the way it is. If we are not there yet, then we need to lower our sights, stop chasing Leandro etc, and define a group of strikers that will improve us, that we can afford.

"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low" - Bill Nicholson.

Smoked Salmon said:
sammyspurs said:
S.L.R said:

"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low" - Bill Nicholson.

Oh look, Smokedsalmon has engaged me in debate again.

Thing is sonny Jim, we aint aiming high in regards to signing a striker are we.

classified_rubber_stamp_md_wm.jpg

dog-party-15605-1240585449-2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom