Edgar Davids Gone To Barnet!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kris

Shelf Side Tottenham
@BarnetFC
Dutch legend, former Barcelona, Juventus, Ajax & AC Milan midfielder Edgar Davids joins Barnet & becomes joint Head Coach with Mark Robson.

Pissed how they didn't mention Tottenham, that goal against Wigan changed lives.

Was gonna say, where's the mention of Spurs (and Palace lol). Fair play to Edgar for keeping trying, but I wouldn't expect much from him if I was a Barnet fan.

Well they lost 1-4 to Plymouth Argyle, so Edgar hasn't had any major impacts on the squad right away.

I hate Barnet...cunts have a 'relationship' with Woolwich, plus I lost a district final to them when playing for Enfield in 1996, back when I was 'The Next Big Thing'

Apparently Davids was amazing on Friday night in Barnet's 4-0 win.

Still rooted to the foot of the football league though.

Any other instances of 'big' names going to 'smaller' clubs?
i can think of gazza to Kettering

Sheringham played in the cup games for Beckenham Town a few years ago... I think they got knocked out in the first F.A Cup qualifying round and he never played another game

Actually it went down like this...

Sheringham stayed out of the public eye during his retirement until July 2009, when non-League side Beckenham Town announced that they were in talks to sign the former England international. Beckenham, who play in the Kent League, revealed that they had intentions to bring in Sheringham for their FA Vase campaign of 2009–10.[41] The signing was completed on 9 September 2009,[42] but the following week it was confirmed by the club that Sheringham was not to play in Beckenham's next FA Vase game, admitting that it was a publicity stunt to promote the club's return to the tournament.

according to Wikipedia

Back
Top Bottom