Euro what I mean?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
The Fighting Cock podcasts very own Ricky goes back to our fateful trip to Lyon, and doesn’t like what he remembers. As I lay in bed during the still of the night nothing can be heard; no birds, people, or cars, just the gentle tones of my partner exhaling next to me. On the contrary I’m sweating, my heart is racing, my palms are moist and I’m staring at my alarm clock as it painfully flicks from one minute to [...]

Continue reading...

Albeit you're describing an away European game, (and therefore the types of fan over there vary slightly from back home) I think you've just described the fragmentation that has been creeping in at WHL for a few years now (the 'how Tottenham are you? bit rings so true!)

FFS, we're ALL Spurs... whether it's your first ever game and want to have a New design cockerel painted on your face pre-match, or have an ageing, faded pre-re-branded cockerel tattooed on your neck, we're all one and the same!
(oh, except the glory-hunting Sky-Branded newbies, only there since the Champions League season... now they CAN go fuck themselves!!)

It's an awful feeling when you finally realise that it's not solely Gooners who are cunts... SOME Spurs fans are proper twats too! ...shame you had to go all the way over to Lyon for it to dawn on you though...
I've had my suspicions for a few years now, just by popping into some of the pubs around WHL pre-match!

Complain about people being elitist fans, say any fans that started supporting Spurs in the past few years can go fuck themselves in the next sentence.

Proper Spursy.

The dynamics of going away have changed. In fact the dynamics of going to football matches has changed.
Without going into detail - how many peeps nowadays go to football in a group larger than 8?

articles like this is why sometimes i miss out midtable days, because atleast then the people who went home and away were passionate, people seem to be going more to sit and watch the football with a hot dog then stand up and sing for their club, yes the football was crap but we was passionate and it was fun.

articles like this is why sometimes i miss out midtable days, because atleast then the people who went home and away were passionate, people seem to be going more to sit and watch the football with a hot dog then stand up and sing for their club, yes the football was crap but we was passionate and it was fun.

I agree...but I think to be fair anyone who went to Lyon for a Europa League game is pretty passionate. It's a bit different from Real Madrid in the CL which attracted some people I know who I would regard as a bit fairweather. I didn't go to the Lyon game but went to Lazio where I thought there was a good atmosphere amongst the Spurs fans.

The dynamics of going away have changed. In fact the dynamics of going to football matches has changed.
Without going into detail - how many peeps nowadays go to football in a group larger than 8?

Home games, up to 12 of us travel down from here together. I know a big group from Yarmouth tend to go similar at times as well.

Different for away games though, usually only 4 maximum.

Back
Top Bottom