FA Cup 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I really wanted to beat the scum in the final.................

:ange-lol:
I genuinely don't think I could have coped with that! ...seeing as there's always the chance we wouldn't beat them in the Final!!

I'd say a Saturday game 5.30 spot for this one or the Sunday game like the beeb had at 4.30.
There's no way this won't be Prime Time 'tea-time viewing... Saturday hopefully... give us an extra day before Brentford!

Sorry mate, just saw one of the replies to this...

full

It would have been nice to stroll into the 5th Round with an easy tie against a lower league club - and let someone else deal with City. Anyone who says different is either daft or deluded.
That said, they seem to get stronger as they progress through competitions, so it's better to put them out now than to have a harder challenge in the semi's or in the final.

We'll muller them, especially at corners.

pS5Yrgf.png

COYS

'Tis a shame we won't have the opportunity to muller Rice & co., as they're out of it lol

We have a game on the following Weds. so I doubt it's a Sunday game.

5.30 Saturday would be my guess.
Not necessarily: Saturday/Tuesday and Sunday /Wednesday are quite normal fixture pairs.

Also, there's a full league programme that week with matches on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, with PL teams in five of the FA Cup ties playing on the Tuesday, so they will probably be given Friday or Saturday in the Cup.

I think that makes it more likely that we will play on the Sunday.

Not necessarily: Saturday/Tuesday and Sunday /Wednesday are quite normal fixture pairs.

Also, there's a full league programme that week with matches on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, with PL teams in five of the FA Cup ties playing on the Tuesday, so they will probably be given Friday or Saturday in the Cup.

I think that makes it more likely that we will play on the Sunday.
Ah, I see. Hadn't thought of or even realised that.

As ever, thanks mate :thumbup:

Sat27/01/2024Manchester CityH
Wed31/01/202419:30TNTBrentford H
Sat03/02/202412:30TNTEverton A

I believe somebody posted that one of our EPL games could be postponed but I can't remember or see why it should??

Sat27/01/2024Manchester CityH
Wed31/01/202419:30TNTBrentfordH
Sat03/02/202412:30TNTEvertonA

I believe somebody posted that one of our EPL games could be postponed but I can't remember or see why it should??
I can't see why one of those would be postponed.

Chelsea on 23 Feb will be though if the Chavs reach the Carabao final .

It would have been nice to stroll into the 5th Round with an easy tie against a lower league club - and let someone else deal with City. Anyone who says different is either daft or deluded.
That said, they seem to get stronger as they progress through competitions, so it's better to put them out now than to have a harder challenge in the semi's or in the final.

We'll muller them, especially at corners.

pS5Yrgf.png

COYS

'Tis a shame we won't have the opportunity to muller Rice & co., as they're out of it lol
🤦‍♂️

Chelsea on 23 Feb will be postponed though if the Chavs reach the Carabao final .
Hmmm...good or bad to have that tricky fixture postponed?

Sat27/01/2024Manchester City FA 4H
Wed31/01/2024BrentfordH
Sat03/02/2024EvertonA
Sat10/02/2024BrightonH
Sat17/02/2024Wolverhampton WanderersH
Fri23/02/2024ChelseaA
Wed28/02/2024FA 5
Sat02/03/2024Crystal PalaceH
Sat09/03/2024Aston VillaA
Sat16/03/2024FA QF
Sat16/03/2024FulhamA

Hmmm...good or bad to have that tricky fixture postponed?

Sat27/01/2024Manchester City FA 4H
Wed31/01/2024BrentfordH
Sat03/02/2024EvertonA
Sat10/02/2024BrightonH
Sat17/02/2024Wolverhampton WanderersH
Fri23/02/2024ChelseaA
Wed28/02/2024FA 5
Sat02/03/2024Crystal PalaceH
Sat09/03/2024Aston VillaA
Sat16/03/2024FA QF
Sat16/03/2024FulhamA
They’ll probably get better (they can hardly get worse) so I’d rather get it done. They should get past Boro over two legs though so I think it will be postponed anyway.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom