Fabio Paratici

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We have no one to play up top.

I don't recall myself, but who did Wolves have as back-up ST when they were in Europe?

We will lose every game Scarlett starts in any competition.

That's anything but a foregone conclusion.

Play a decent team around him (rather than the C-team we sent out in Portugal) and we might see a little more from him.

Last edited:
We 100% lose that final with Jose.
With Mason we threw the dice on a new manager bounce. I can see the logic.

It had gotten so bad under Jose by the end.
No logic in that at all

Replacing a proven winner with an absolute novice shortly before a cup final bearing in mind we had won one trophy in 20 years was madness

You might get a new manager bounce when you actually appoint a recognised manager

Not Mason!

We all know the outcome if we start using Kane like that.

Look I'm less that impressed that no goalscorers were added to the squad this summer, but see previous comment about about Scarlet..... You're being harsh and hasty in that respect.

Slot him in the middle of 2 of Lucas, Stevie, Son, Gil with a proper MF behind them before making your mind up.

Look I'm less that impressed that no goalscorers were added to the squad this summer, but see previous comment about about Scarlet..... You're being harsh and hasty in that respect.

Slot him in the middle of 2 of Lucas, Stevie, Son, Gil with a proper MF behind them before making your mind up.
I wish us and him the best of luck under those circumstances and stranger things have happened than pulling a quality performance out of a promising kid, but I’m sorry I will not wait to make my mind up about the propriety of relying on that outcome.

The club doesn’t give a shit about competing in the only competitions it can actually win and I hate it.

I wish us and him the best of luck under those circumstances and stranger things have happened than pulling a quality performance out of a promising kid, but I’m sorry I will not wait to make my mind up about the propriety of relying on that outcome.

That's not the suggestion I made though.

The club doesn’t give a shit about competing in the only competitions it can actually win and I hate it.

I disagree, but hey ho.

I thought the guy was going to be a Mendes stooge but have been pleasantly surprised with how well he's done in his first window...you can tell he's in charge because if it had been down to Levy, Sissoko, Aurier and Lamela would still be Spurs players.

No logic in that at all

Replacing a proven winner with an absolute novice shortly before a cup final bearing in mind we had won one trophy in 20 years was madness

You might get a new manager bounce when you actually appoint a recognised manager

Not Mason!
Don't care about his history. Jose stunk the place out with Spurs and had long lost the dtessing room by then. Most of the players had zoned out of his stirring pre-match rants by then.

Like with Kane this summer yeah?

and Eriksen, and Dier and Alli etc all sold for big money to reinvest eh?

A) We didn't buy Kane.
B) We absolutely would have sold him if the money made sense to us. But the offer didn't come.
C) Eriksen was bought with the profit made on Bale. He was sold for more than we paid for him, and if he left when we wanted him to, would have been sold for a lot, lot more.
D) Still time to make a lot of money on Dier and Dele, who combined cost less than £10m

On a personal note, I was gutted when we turned United down for Dier and we'll now never get that level of money for him again.

Don't care about his history. Jose stunk the place out with Spurs and had long lost the dtessing room by then. Most of the players had zoned out of his stirring pre-match rants by then.
He was still a lot more qualified to handle a cup final than Mason who totally fucked up picking his mates

Not an ideal window by any stretch, but he's identified and addressed the core issue in defence with a quality CB and what looks like an actual RB. I'm happy with that.

Plus the French kid looks like an exciting prospect for next season, and is exactly the kind of signing so many of us have been crying out for.
And Gil who can carry the ball in midfield. I despise Levy but sensible 7/10 window considering the Covid risks

No logic in that at all

Not Mason!

You clearly do not remember our state prior to Mou sacking properly.

Absolutely no belief, no cohesion. No player was fighting for his teammate.

This was rock-bottom at the end, just repeating "Mou used to win. Mou used to win. Mou used to win" sounds like trying to convince oneself. At that point just letting some players out from shackles was better bet than having someone in front who had lost the team. New manager bounce is not about tactical masterclass, it is about mental reset.

You clearly do not remember our state prior to Mou sacking properly.

Absolutely no belief, no cohesion. No player was fighting for his teammate.

This was rock-bottom at the end, just repeating "Mou used to win. Mou used to win. Mou used to win" sounds like trying to convince oneself. At that point just letting some players out from shackles was better bet than having someone in front who had lost the team. New manager bounce is not about tactical masterclass, it is about mental reset.
I do remember it very well and I stand by my point

Appointing a novice like Mason a few days before a cup final after sacking an experienced manager was one of the worst decisions Levy has ever made

Back
Top Bottom