Fabio Paratici

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As a reminder, I believe this was our last starting XI under Alan Sugar:

Walker,
Perry, King, Doherty, Judas
Freund, Clemence, Sicknote, Leonhardsen
Rebrov, Booth

West Ham played a midfield of Carrick, Lampard and Joe Cole.

But ENIC have totally destroyed the club! Give your head a fucking wobble.
Such a poor argument.

No-one would argue they are a massive improvement on Sugar…. He was hopeless albeit ambitious BUT they’ve completely run their course and puffed out on ideas. The last five years have been a sharp decline.

I hate Levy, honestly I fucking hate him but I don’t think their overall performance has been bad, they’ve done pretty well but you have to take a step back and we are spiralling. Reminds me of Debenhams or Top Shop (Mr Byrite) rigidly trying to compete with ASOS whilst everything is tanking

Again, signing a load of trash may bulk up the size of a squad, but doesn’t improve its overall quality. There’s a big difference.

Take your shit-tinted glasses off, fella.

Team improvements:

Romero, Kulu, Bentancur, Porro

Squad improvements:
Bissouma & Sarr > Winks & Sissoko
Porro, Emerson, Spence > Aurier & Doherty
Forster > Giollini

+ Udogie, Gil

Walker,
Rebrov, Booth

Fucking hell.

Leonhardsen.

There’s a name I’ve forgotten.

Team improvements:

Squad improvements:
Forster > Giollini

+ Udogie, Gil
It cannot be overemphasized what a fucking disaster the squad was the day Paratici came on board.

It's still not a pretty picture, but there is a degree of youth and promise that had just completely disappeared in July 2021.

Walker,
Rebrov, Booth

Yeah because Spurs is defined by the Sugar wilderness years....We never had any success or good teams before ENIC did we?

fucking bellend

Walker,
Rebrov, Booth

Oh Brother Facepalm GIF by reactionseditor

Team improvements:

Squad improvements:
Forster > Giollini

+ Udogie, Gil
If you think I’m wearing shit tinted specs you definitely need to put down the rose tints.

Romero was signed to seemingly replace both Toby and Jan. Hes merely filled a glaring hole, not improved the squad.
Kulusevski has shown glimpses but has regressed massively this season. Porro the jury is still out on, particularly if (when) we move to a back 4 next season.
Bentancur to be fair, has improved our midfield.

And your “squad improvements” category.

Bissouma and Sarr have not yet added anything that Winks and Sissoko already brought to the squad (which certainly wasn’t much)

Aurier is a better RB than Emerson and Spence ( refer to top paragraph on Porro)

You’re clutching at straws if you genuinely believe Forster is a big upgrade on Gollini, he was signed because he was free and English.

Gil is a downgrade on Erik Lamela and Udogie hasn’t played a single minute for us yet and is a completely unknown talent.

Team improvements:

Squad improvements:
Forster > Giollini

+ Udogie, Gil

I actually agree with you but would immediately counter with the fact that Paratici has had more leeway with spending than any DoF before him. I mean some of our previous guys were operating with 10/15m net spends or negative net spends. Our wage bill has risen significantly alongside said transfer spending, too.

We can definitely say he improved on the GLC/Ndomble/Sess window which was our first foray in to genuine big spending, but it's not a huge brag. I honestly don't think any of his business has been under the radar or particularly impressive. We've not exactly picked up a bunch of bargains under him, other than Bentancur.

Back
Top Bottom