First Team

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Seeing how things have progressed this season, I love the core of the team and considering their age and potential wouldn't swap them for any realistic targets.

The players I'm really happy with are:

Dembele
Lloris
Kane
Alli
Dier
Alderwierald & Vertonghen partnership

I like the look of the understudies:

Wimmer, Onomah, Trippier, Mason

Ben Davies has had some solid games with decent crosses, and Benteleb although prone to some ridiulous moments, has good potential.

Son has made a good start and we are yet to see how he will progress. Carroll I'm still unsure about, but wish him all the best of luck.

The rest of the contingent I am largely happy with, although I hope to see more cutting edge effectiveness from Lamela. Eriksen is sometimes inconsistent and can go missing but is certainly worth having when he is on a good roll.

Maybe it is the wings where we need some magic - but the central spine of the team must be the envy of many. They are young and have great camaraderie - play as a team and for each other.

In the PL Spurs have the best: keeper, centre-back pairing (fingers crossed on Jan), midfielder (Alli), and striker. Oh and manager.
That's not been the case since the 60s.

Last edited:
Every time we think we have an essential, key, best player (who could be marked out of the game), we seem to sprout another one.
Eriksen > Kane > Alli (not mentioning the emergence of Dier)

Onomah next, anyone?

If a head is cut off, two more will take its place

5bakUY6.gif

Every time we think we have an essential, key, best player (who could be marked out of the game), we seem to sprout another one.
Eriksen > Kane > Alli (not mentioning the emergence of Dier)

Onomah next, anyone?

If a head is cut off, two more will take its place

5bakUY6.gif
I would never have predicted that this would be our strongest side if you'd asked me last season... so I'm going to try for next season.....
Vorm

Fazio - Lamela - Veljkovic

Lloris - Kane

Walker - Davies - Carroll - Trippier - Bentaleb​

Back
Top Bottom