Football Betting thread?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thanks!

tumblr_ou5gzuD3Ar1s9a9yjo1_500.gif

You're welcome mate.

Happy Jim Carey GIF

Man City looks well overvalued tonight imho. Asian handicap Real +1 over evens is insane value. Some random thoughts:

- Real has the best central midfield in world football with Casemiro, Kroos, and Modric. And it's not even close. Flair players are awesome, but in these clutch matches the central pivot in a team is essential. Although, as a sidenote, Casemiro might not be fit enough to start, which would shift things somewhat.
- Real has a world class striker in the form of his life. City has...well no one.
- Real has their league for all intents done, City has another five must-wins coming.
- It's imho a misconception that the PL is miles ahead of everyone else, just because City and Pool look so strong in a top league. At least among the very best teams. La Liga and specifically Real hasn't dropped off a cliff, just because Barca did post-Messi.
- Cancelo is a huge miss. Outside of De Bruyne he's their most important (outfield) player. It's overlooked how important he is to how they set up attacking play.
- Even if City do win, they will not go nutters. If they take the lead, they'll look to defend with the ball as much as they'll go for the killer blow. Pep is dead scared of being painted as having over-thought things once again, and/or bottling it by overcommitting to an attacking approach.

I must be a rarity, I have never bet on football ever, in fact the only time I have ever bet was in 1987 when a friend of mine owned Greyhounds and he told me Cork Citizen would win at 16 to 1 so I put 20 quid on it and in it came, never bet since.

Man City looks well overvalued tonight imho. Asian handicap Real +1 over evens is insane value. Some random thoughts:

- Real has the best central midfield in world football with Casemiro, Kroos, and Modric. And it's not even close. Flair players are awesome, but in these clutch matches the central pivot in a team is essential. Although, as a sidenote, Casemiro might not be fit enough to start, which would shift things somewhat.
- Real has a world class striker in the form of his life. City has...well no one.
- Real has their league for all intents done, City has another five must-wins coming.
- It's imho a misconception that the PL is miles ahead of everyone else, just because City and Pool look so strong in a top league. At least among the very best teams. La Liga and specifically Real hasn't dropped off a cliff, just because Barca did post-Messi.
- Cancelo is a huge miss. Outside of De Bruyne he's their most important (outfield) player. It's overlooked how important he is to how they set up attacking play.
- Even if City do win, they will not go nutters. If they take the lead, they'll look to defend with the ball as much as they'll go for the killer blow. Pep is dead scared of being painted as having over-thought things once again, and/or bottling it by overcommitting to an attacking approach.
Got a free fiver bet on Bet365

freebet.jpg

Casemiro to be booked looks a long shot, now that he's confirmed not to start, and likely to come on for 15-30 minutes. Unlucky.

Still, City won't win by two, so no matter :llorishowudoin:
fair enough. got a free fiver, so did some sort of bet builder in a match I have no interest in at all.

Never say never!!

I must be a rarity, I have never bet on football ever, in fact the only time I have ever bet was in 1987 when a friend of mine owned Greyhounds and he told me Cork Citizen would win at 16 to 1 so I put 20 quid on it and in it came, never bet since.

That's quite something! 999.999 out of 1.000.000 people would have lost that back - and a lot more - if their first experience was a 16-1 coming in. It's probably the worst first experience to have, actually. Good for you :sonpoint:

PL this weekend looks hard to call, I've gone to Champo for an acca

Burnley v Wigan 1
Coventry v Hull 1
Swans v Boro 2
West Brom v Hudd 1

tomorrow

Norwich v Sund 1

Annoyingly I missed getting Bristol v Blackpool as home win, 89 mins and 2-0.

Thought about Brum v Rotherham 2. Brum look appalling now.

Both those would have put the odds up massively from 14-1.

Last week missed out on a PL 13-1 acca by one goal. Hey ho.

Back
Top Bottom