For the Future Generations

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
It started like any other morning. But it didn’t feel like any other morning. Something was different. Something was new. I’d never woken up with butterflies in my stomach before. It was 7.12am. I’m not sure why I remember the time, I can barely remember what I had for lunch today. But for some reason, I can remember what time I woke up on the 4th April 1998. This day was different. I was already ten years old, but this [...]

Continue reading...

4th April 1998!! Wow, that beings back memories...

...well, some memories. It was my 21st birthday....it was fucking epic!!

Me and 35,645 other human beings

I love (and assume) that you took the attendance that day, and subtracted '1'
We've all done it... especially if the Attendance is something like 36,401 ...that 1 is ALL OF US!

So agree with the sentiments of this post. My first game was an experience that I will never, ever forget, even though it was 44 years ago! The ground at that time was mostly standing, the tunnel was near the Park Lane and the ground was surrounded by old-style,rounded park railings. Well before the 'new' West Stand had been built, you could get into the Enclosure at the front of the West Stand for an extra two bob (10p). I entered the ground in the corner of the Paxton and East stand through the Boys' entrance for the princely cost of 3 shillings and sixpence - 15.5p. I remember taking in a sharp breath and trying to take it all in. The first person in my line of vision was Mike England, followed by Big Pat. The game was against Sunderland and I remember no details of the actual game, apart from the fact we won 1-0 and Jimmy Greaves swearing at the linesman for disallowing a goal for offside. 1969 was a serious milestone in my life, as it was also Stevie's first season. Although I have seen some amazing games at WHL, as TFC states, nothing is ever the same after your first time. Once Spurs get under your skin, you're hooked for life!

Back
Top Bottom