Formation v the scum...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure if this is in the pre match thread, or if its already been created, but i thought it would be a good idea to have a thread purely about the formations and tactics.

Id like to see us go with: (Gave up trying to do the formation code thing)

------------------------------------------Freidal

-----------Walker--------------King----------------Kaboul--------------Benny

-------------------------------Sandro---------------Parker

------------------Rafa-------------------Modric----------------Bale

-----------------------------------------Adebayor

Think Harry will play 4411 with rafa behind ade with parker and modric in midfield.

Im fully prepared for shit loads of fail pictures. :ledley:

I think it depends on if modric and parker can cope with the three man midfield. If they can then I'd go our more tradition 4411 with VDV playing as the 3rd central midfielder.

Let them worry about us, not the other way around

I think we will boss the game with sandro and parker on the pitch. At the lane a couple of months ago he went for Parker and Modric which gave them a chance, but when sandro came on we dominated it.

not bad at all, also dont think sandro is available.
i would think harry plays the preferred 4411 he has been playing.
keeper and back 4 just as you have it with
lennon, luka scotty and bale in the middle and vdV in behind ade...

heck the way those gooner cunts are playing you could even stick harry up front for a half
and see if he still has some of his football magic left in him... ha ha ha

COYS!!!!!

"Not sure if this is in the pre match thread, or if its already been created, but i thought it would be a good idea to have a thread purely about the formations and tactics. "

:harrylol: It's about to get all :nawty: then :parker: then :joejordan: then :sandro: over there because of this.

But here's my shot at it:
Freidal

Walker --- King --- Kaboul --- BAE

Lennon --- Modric --- Sandro --- Parker --- Bale

Adebayor

WindyCOYS said:
Sandro's apparently fine - he nearly made the Stevenage game.

EDIT: My ITK is crap, Sandro is out.
someone's getting their kneecaps busted later by the sounds of it........

MaynoothSpur said:
"Not sure if this is in the pre match thread, or if its already been created, but i thought it would be a good idea to have a thread purely about the formations and tactics. "

:harrylol: It's about to get all :nawty: then :parker: then :joejordan: then :sandro: over there because of this.

But here's my shot at it:
Freidal

Walker --- King --- Kaboul --- BAE

Lennon --- Modric --- Sandro --- Parker --- Bale

Adebayor

I remember seeing this now actually

:goonermong:

Harry has just gone through our team news ahead of the big one at Woolwich on Sunday.

And it's good news! Harry says he's 'hopeful' of Luka Modric, Emmanuel Adebayor, Benoit Assou-Ekotto and Rafa van der Vaart all being available for the Emirates.

Sandro isn't ready yet, William Gallas remains out.

There you go folks, knock yourself out with formations......

[centre]:ap:
:chicco: :goonermong: :joejordan: :nawty:
:bmj: :levywtf: :harryfacepalm: :mong:
:gio: :crouch:[/centre]

Of course formation is important, but they only have 2 half decent players in RVP and Vermaelen the rest are wank, so let them worry about us, COME ON YOU SPURS ! FUCKING SMASH EM.

eggsoakley said:
Doesn't matter who will line up or what formation we will play, we will fucking be at them from the start and SMASH EM.

Getting off to a good high tempo start and setting the tone is important, just look at Liverpool and Newcastle games...

We also started both with 2 out and out strikers. (JD and Ade, Ade and Saha)*

*I daren't say 4-4-2.

To play like we did against Newcastle would be nice but there's no way he'll play 442. I think we could afford to do that personally, their defence needs properly testing, but I suppose it will be 451 with Rafa dropping deep instead.

Back
Top Bottom