The Fighting Cock
Rules & Moderating
Unlike most forums, we don't have a particular set of rules apart from the standard forum rules. Our moderators will move threads, delete spam and deal with those weird fans of other clubs who like to register at rival teams forums.
We prefer to allow the forum to self-moderate though the Fouls system. If you have an issue with a particular user or some content you can also use the ignore user feature (see below).
Fouls - Red & Yellow Cards
Users can anonymously vote for other users to receive a red card and be "sent off" from the forum.
- Users who have been sent off are suspended and can only read the forum for a period. They cannot create new threads or reply to existing ones.
- Before receiving a red card and facing a suspension, a user may see a yellow card appear next to their name for a period. If they continue to accumulate votes, they will eventually be sent off. If they don't get any further votes, the yellow card will disappear after 21 days.
- A user can be a given a red card without seeing a yellow card first.
- Use the 'Foul' link at the bottom of someone's post to vote for them to be sent off. You can only see this link if you meet a certain criteria based on posts & reputation.
- You must give a reason with your vote.
- You can only vote for a user once (until votes are reset/deleted).
- All votes are deleted from a users profile 21 days after the last vote was made.
The length of suspension can vary depending on:
- Number of votes.
- Time scale in which the votes have been received.
- Previous red cards.
If someone who has been sent off creates a new account, they are automatically banned.
Users who are continually sent off may be permanently banned.
Reasons for voting for someone to be sent off may include:
- Personal insults
- Off-topic arguing
Voting for someone that you simply have a disagreement with is not a valid reason and the vote will likely be deleted.
People who continue to submit votes that are not valid will have their voting permissions removed.
You can ignore users. Click on their picture and then 'Ignore' in the pop-up box. All their posts will now be hidden from you.
At the bottom of a thread there is a link to 'Show Ignored Content' if you would like to view posts from any users you have on ignore in that thread.
Last edited by a moderator: