Forum problem

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

JDK

Raw Ill give it to ya no trivia. Okay, some trivia
Admin Admin
The last few months I haven't been able to post anything on the forum as no text box appears. The forum doesn't load properly either and the image icons next to people's usernames don't show up. I've been pretty busy and have just been hoping the situation would work itself out. The same problem occurs on my computer, tablet, and phone so I don't think it's a software problem.

Today I just realized that I can access the forum fully on my phone as long as I'm using data not my home wifi. This seems very strange to me. I don't mean to be paranoid and don't know much about these technological issues but could someone be screwing with my IP address or something?

Anyway, I've been a long time member so hoping to get my forum access back to full health. I would greatly appreciate any input from anyone on how to fix it.

Thanks in advance!

Admin Admin
The last few months I haven't been able to post anything on the forum as no text box appears. The forum doesn't load properly either and the image icons next to people's usernames don't show up. I've been pretty busy and have just been hoping the situation would work itself out. The same problem occurs on my computer, tablet, and phone so I don't think it's a software problem.

Today I just realized that I can access the forum fully on my phone as long as I'm using data not my home wifi. This seems very strange to me. I don't mean to be paranoid and don't know much about these technological issues but could someone be screwing with my IP address or something?

Anyway, I've been a long time member so hoping to get my forum access back to full health. I would greatly appreciate any input from anyone on how to fix it.

Thanks in advance!
People have mentioned this before. Seems to be an issue accessing the cdn where some of the website files are hosted. eg. your avatar is here: http://cdn-forum.thefightingcock.co.uk/data/avatars/l/1/1127.jpg?1363733022

Not really sure what I can do. Are you in the US?

Yes I'm in the U.S. but I think I was having the same problem when I was in the UK. Should I get rid of my avatar picture?
Na, I was just showing you where the files are located. It's weird. Only seems to affect a couple of people.

Na, I was just showing you where the files are located. It's weird. Only seems to affect a couple of people.

Got it, appreciate the help. Is there just nothing that can be done?

Admin Admin

Thanks in advance!

Happened to me when I was in the States.. I can't remember how I righted it but it was ok for the 2nd week I was there..

Admin Admin need to change my avatar back to previous but having trouble.

Even when I upload my old one it puts my current one in. Even if I delete the avatar then do again it uploads this one again.

Is it because of the format of the pic (JPEG) or is there an issue?

EDIT - Infact, any avatar I know try to upload brings up the same photo.

Admin Admin need to change my avatar back to previous but having trouble.

Even when I upload my old one it puts my current one in. Even if I delete the avatar then do again it uploads this one again.

Is it because of the format of the pic (JPEG) or is there an issue?

EDIT - Infact, any avatar I know try to upload brings up the same photo.
The avatars are cached. Just change it, it will update to your new one after a bit.

Bah, the dreaded pop up ads are back. Keep getting taken to pages that you can't escape from without clicking their "ok please give me my prize" type button. Dodge.

Bah, the dreaded pop up ads are back. Keep getting taken to pages that you can't escape from without clicking their "ok please give me my prize" type button. Dodge.

Sounds like you've got some malware mate. Try windows defender and malware bytes (both free) update them and run a full system scan.

Back
Top Bottom