Forwards for next season poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What would you like to see done with our forwards for next season?

• ADEBAYOR - Buy and 1st choice forward

Votes: 22 38.6%
  • ADEBAYOR - Buy and keep as squad/backup forward

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • ADEBAYOR - Don't buy

Votes: 20 35.1%
  • SAHA - Extend contract and 1st choice forward

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • SAHA - Extend contract and keep as squad/backup forward

Votes: 23 40.4%
  • SAHA - Release

Votes: 27 47.4%
  • DEFOE - 1st choice forward

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • DEFOE - Keep as squad/backup forward

Votes: 25 43.9%
  • DEFOE - Sell

Votes: 25 43.9%
  • VDV - 1st choice forward

Votes: 42 73.7%
  • VDV - Should be a right sided midfielder and considered a forward only when needed

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • VDV - Keep as squad/backup forward

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • VDV - Sell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DOS SANTOS - 1st choice forward

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • DOS SANTOS - Should be a right sided midfielder and considered a forward only when needed

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • DOS SANTOS - Keep as squad/backup forward

Votes: 14 24.6%
  • DOS SANTOS - Sell

Votes: 35 61.4%
  • FALQUE - 1st choice forward

• FALQUE - Should be a right sided midfielder and considered a forward only when needed

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • FALQUE - Keep as squad/backup forward

Votes: 32 56.1%
  • FALQUE - Sell

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • Buy one new first choice forward (excluding Adebayor)

Votes: 26 45.6%
  • Buy two new first choice forwards (excluding Adebayor)

Votes: 28 49.1%
  • Buy one new squad/backup forward (excluding Adebayor)

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • Buy two new squad/backup forwards (excluding Adebayor)

• Total voters

zin

Supporter
Contract expiry
-----------------

Emmanuel Adebayor - Loan expires
Louis Saha - 2012 (+1 year extension option)
Jermain Defoe - 2014
Rafael van der Vaart - 2014
Giovani Dos Santos - 2013
Yago Falque - Unknown Expiry

I've included forwards in terms of a 4-4-2, 4-4-1-1, 4-3-2-1 or 4-3-1-2 formation. I've excluded the following young players from the poll: Kane, Bostock, Ceballos, Pritchard, Waller-Lassen, Parrett, Mason, Dawkins, Lancaster, Obika and Oyenuga. If you feel the need to include them do so in a reply to this thread.

For what it's worth I think Bostock, Mason, Parrett, Obika and Dawkins should be released/sold and the rest loaned out.

Saha wants to stay at spurs, and so far in every game he's played, he's been great. Why have people have voted to Release him? He makes a good backup striker. We need a first team striker though, someone who is consistent and will perform in every game, we don't have that now and we really do need to buy a new striker.

As of 03.05.2012 - 11am BST

3U69y.jpg

This has been a problem area of ours for a while. About 60% of you want to buy Adebayor but less than half of voters want him to be first choice.

Almost everyone wants VDV to be in the first team but a small amount of you want him to play on the right side of midfield. With just below half of you wanting to sign one new 1st choice forward and just over half of you wanting two new first choice forwards it seems that VDV needs to be accomodated somewhere, even perhaps behind 2 forwards. This does seem to be an age old problem now.

Between Adebayor, Defoe and Saha it seems Adebayor just about edges it in terms of being kept on, with Defoe slightly better than Saha in the voting as well.

Two thirds of you want Gio gone and with Falque essentially taking over his "position" on the bench. 11 of you want to see a backup forward, quite possibly as a backup to a new 1st choice forward or maybe as a replacement for both Gio and Falque.

what is it about van der vaart that everybody loves? im one of his admirers but i cant put my finger on what it is that makes me think he is so great.

durbanspur said:
what is it about van der vaart that everybody loves? im one of his admirers but i cant put my finger on what it is that makes me think he is so great.

:harryfacepalm:

His passion, his ability with the ball and his goalscoring threat for a start. Has a knack of scoring important goals rather than the ones which make a 3-0 game 4-0 if you get me. He scored last night at 1-1. He's scored the opening goal of games or equaliser a few times as well.

his footballing ability goes without saying. but there is something about his passion for spurs compared to his passion for football. maybe its just cos he has achieved so much already that he is so content to just give spurs all he has left to offer. either way i fucking love having him at spurs. probably my favourite signing ever...

Back
Top Bottom