From Here, it is STILL All Downhill

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
JoseGrovearticle.jpg

The only way to silence the discord he generates is through the delivery of bragging rights; supposedly his very raison d’etre. There is just a teeny problem in that regard; we just aren’t very good at football these days.

Read article

"The most critical change Tottenham must bring about now is the complete transformation of their recruitment policy; removing the process wholesale from the hands of Daniel Levy."

This is becoming a clear and obvious issue. Daniel Levy is a great business man, and from where we were 20 years ago to now is a immense transformation which has to be recognized by everyone alike.

The problem with ENIC is that they have this old school mentality when we are now living in the age of football teams becoming the new horses for the rich and corrupt; in those same 20 years, we can't ignore the fact that teams like Chelsea, Man City, PSG, and god knows how many countless others have thrown money that we just can't afford anymore.

Despite our lack of success, there was a certain pride that I took from how Levy built the club up.
It felt like we did everything right, and when we finally won that trophy we could turn to the other fans and say "We didn't buy our glory. We earned it."

...but that feeling has subsided quite a bit. Realistically speaking, and as much as it pains me to say this, it's becoming clear that the old school mentality of earning trophies is out the window.

(This next bit is solely based only upon my opinion and has no factual backup.)

What's even worse, and ironic in the end is that I think Daniel Levy is partially responsible for the ridiculous fluctuation in the transfer market since we sold a certain Gareth Bale to Madrid. I remember at the time thinking that was stupid fucking money for a football player, and all of a sudden after that you started seeing players moving around for a cool 60, 70, 80 million and there has hardly been a blink of an eye since it's happened.

I want to state, again, that I think Daniel Levy is a financial genius and that I both recognize and appreciate everything that has happened under him at the club since ENIC bought it.

But the last three years has shown that he does not have a footballing mind and that he needs to take a huge step back from making decisions involving the team and just sign the checks, or else be forced in to retirement with a gold watch, and a place in the cheese room.

I think all of us know what the biggest problem is at the club and it's the one thing that hasn't changed unfortunately. I don't know if it's the let down over the years or the sense that we were overachieving in the first place that's finally settled in, but this crash is coming down harder on me than ever before.

I will always love the club. But right now, I really don't like Tottenham. I'm not sure what we stand for, and I'm not sure where we are going. Short of the badge and the shirt, I don't respect the owner, the players, or the manager, and worst of all I feel like I understand now what West Ham fans felt like when their club went to shit.

This is becoming a clear and obvious issue. Daniel Levy is a great business man, and from where we were 20 years ago to now is a immense transformation which has to be recognized by everyone alike.

The problem with ENIC is that they have this old school mentality when we are now living in the age of football teams becoming the new horses for the rich and corrupt; in those same 20 years, we can't ignore the fact that teams like Chelsea, Man City, PSG, and god knows how many countless others have thrown money that we just can't afford anymore.

Despite our lack of success, there was a certain pride that I took from how Levy built the club up.
It felt like we did everything right, and when we finally won that trophy we could turn to the other fans and say "We didn't buy our glory. We earned it."

...but that feeling has subsided quite a bit. Realistically speaking, and as much as it pains me to say this, it's becoming clear that the old school mentality of earning trophies is out the window.

(This next bit is solely based only upon my opinion and has no factual backup.)

What's even worse, and ironic in the end is that I think Daniel Levy is partially responsible for the ridiculous fluctuation in the transfer market since we sold a certain Gareth Bale to Madrid. I remember at the time thinking that was stupid fucking money for a football player, and all of a sudden after that you started seeing players moving around for a cool 60, 70, 80 million and there has hardly been a blink of an eye since it's happened.

I want to state, again, that I think Daniel Levy is a financial genius and that I both recognize and appreciate everything that has happened under him at the club since ENIC bought it.

But the last three years has shown that he does not have a footballing mind and that he needs to take a huge step back from making decisions involving the team and just sign the checks, or else be forced in to retirement with a gold watch, and a place in the cheese room.

I think all of us know what the biggest problem is at the club and it's the one thing that hasn't changed unfortunately. I don't know if it's the let down over the years or the sense that we were overachieving in the first place that's finally settled in, but this crash is coming down harder on me than ever before.

I will always love the club. But right now, I really don't like Tottenham. I'm not sure what we stand for, and I'm not sure where we are going. Short of the badge and the shirt, I don't respect the owner, the players, or the manager, and worst of all I feel like I understand now what West Ham fans felt like when their club went to shit.
agree with most of what you say until that last bit, for West Spam owners are in it for what They get, Levy I think want's the best for the whole of the club, and that means he wants/needs(in his mind) control
hopefully he planned Jose as a short term (after we had a won cup) he would bring in anoter long term manager (maybe he had someone in mind when he got Jose just needed those 2 season and cup win)

Back
Top Bottom