Gary Mabbutt - a Legend

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For me..

Harry Kane could score a million goals for us and wouldn't be half the legend Mabbs is.

My ultimate hero
You have to factor in the disadvantage Mabbutt had in even playing the game....
He has diabetes FFS... Kane has a speech impediment!

I love them both, but until I see Kane with the FA Cup in his arms, Mabbs is always gonna be the ultimate 'Against The Odds' footballer for me!

Great read BTW!
20039.jpg

B7Vr6puIYAI2hzE.jpg

That was a great side. If only Richard Gough had stayed a few seasons longer.
Agreed. Our timing was really unlucky - it was just before the great 1980’s Liverpool team declined, but before the rise of Ferguson’s Utd. Had we peaked between the scousers falling away and the Ferguson years it might have been a very different last 3 decades 😢

Agreed. Our timing was really unlucky - it was just before the great 1980’s Liverpool team declined, but before the rise of Ferguson’s Utd. Had we peaked between the scousers falling away and the Ferguson years it might have been a very different last 3 decades 😢
That's just spurs though unfortunately

He was a great player. As someone said earlier he’s not mentioned in the same terms as Hoddle,Ardiles and Clive but what a player. I remember talking to Richard Gough about him years back and he said he was an unbelievable leader to have about the dressing room. 86/87 team is still my favourite Tottenham team that he was in.

Without Gary Mabbutt; Sol Campbell would never have made it as a professional footballer.

Campbell was quite possibly one of the worst young centre forwards to ever come through from the youth team.

He was quick, strong and athletic but that was about it.

Fucking rubbish is under stating it.

No first touch, passing or shooting ability.

Couldn't read the game.

Mabbutt baby sat the twat through various stints at right back, left back and eventually centre back until he was semi competent.

Sugar was as tight as Levy when it came to paying for decent players.

Without Gary Mabbutt; Sol Campbell would never have made it as a professional footballer.

Campbell was quite possibly one of the worst young centre forwards to ever come through from the youth team.

He was quick, strong and athletic but that was about it.

Fucking rubbish is under stating it.

No first touch, passing or shooting ability.

Couldn't read the game.

Mabbutt baby sat the twat through various stints at right back, left back and eventually centre back until he was semi competent.

Sugar was as tight as Levy when it came to paying for decent players.
Fucking hell... Are you saying that the whole Sol Campbell mess is MABBUTT'S FAULT?

little fucker....

Sol shoulda been our John Polston/Guy Butters... then no one woulda batted an eyelid!

But cos Mabbsey had to go and fucking get involved, WE lost virtually an entire decade of Spurs supporting football enjoyment!

Does he even realise the implications of what he did, helping that Judas cunt in the first place??

Back
Top Bottom