Gerald Sinstadt, RIP

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

N5 Spur

Supporter
One of the voices of my youth. Even though I wasn't from the Granada TV area, Sinstadt's voice was heard weekly on The Big Match, in the 1970s and 80s.

One of my favourite non-THFC goals was Cyrille Regis scoring West Brom's 5th against Man U in the winter of 1978 in a great game ended 3-5. Sinstadt's descriptive prose, particular when Lawrie Cunningham was running forward with the ball, calling out Man Us racist fans of the time, and joy and excitement for Regis' finish is, imo, memorable. From 5m20s onwards.

Love the classic voices of the game..... Woven into so many memories.

RiP fella....

I really enjoyed him as a commentator - not in the same league as Barry Davies, but much more enjoyable to listen to than John Motson.

As for his taste in cinemas....I'll let that one slide.
:levyeyes:

Back
Top Bottom