Graham Roberts

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

article-2233668-000037ED00000CB2-978_964x570.jpg

great news re both of them. We could do with some of their guts and 'do or die' attitude in our team now.
Love the picture of Robbo putting Nicholas in the stand, remember it so well

Fully deserved... Not so sure about Paul Miller though?

Why the uncertainty about Miller ? Very much an unsung hero for us it seems. He gets my vote, in many ways he was just as effective as Roberts but in a much quieter way. Everyone remembers Parks penalty save in the 84 UEFA Final, but if it hadn't of been for Millers away goal in the first leg it might not of got that far.
There are a lot of players in the Hall of Fame that don't come close to the influence that Miller had on the pitch. It's a long overdue honour, for both of them.

Why the uncertainty about Miller ? Very much an unsung hero for us it seems. He gets my vote, in many ways he was just as effective as Roberts but in a much quieter way. Everyone remembers Parks penalty save in the 84 UEFA Final, but if it hadn't of been for Millers away goal in the first leg it might not of got that far.
There are a lot of players in the Hall of Fame that don't come close to the influence that Miller had on the pitch. It's a long overdue honour, for both of them.

What about Galvin and Falco? Are they in the hall of honour?

Can't believe Freund is in there before them. Can't believe Freund is in there full stop tbh.

What about Galvin and Falco? Are they in the hall of honour?

Can't believe Freund is in there before them. Can't believe Freund is in there full stop tbh.

No, I don't believe they are, but, I can't imagine that they will go unnoticed. The Hall of Fame/honour gig is a strange one. It's a bit of a slow burner. The club normally trickle feed one or two Legends every year, I suppose if it was any more than this then it would be deemed a free for all, a bit too commercial if you like. Not that that has bothered Levy up until now. Hopefully that side of things is left to the historians associated with the club.
I would tend to agree with the Freund comment but having met him he is Tottenham through and through so perhaps this persuaded the decision makers at the time.

Paul Miller - there was something unnatural, as a player about him.

October 15th is the ceremony... I wonder if they'll do something on the pitch when we play Anderlecht...?
It has "CLASS OF '84" reunion written all over it... +Enzo Scifo and Eidur Gudjohnssen's Dad!!!

Back
Top Bottom