Handle Kane with care

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
Kane has come a long way from the misunderstood, under appreciated Europa League stand-in. After grabbing a last-minute winner against Villa some are calling for his inclusion from the off versus Stoke, but Stephen Puddicombe thinks we need to be careful with our rising star.

Read article

I am not sure spurs fans are putting to much on Kane, firstly he's a good player you can see that not just in his goals but his all round play, secondly he is living the dream he wants to be on the pitch and he loves it if he's in form play him, when he gets tired and goes out of form like Dier we can give him a rest but I believe he is more than good enough to play prem games for us.

No one expects this guy to be the saviour of our season but I believe you need to play players on form and as soldado and ade ain't doing it Kane should be handed the chance.

Anyway even if Kane fucks up the fans will always forgive him because he's one of us.

Last edited:
Lets remember he is still young and learning his game and has plenty to learn.
Also what is on his side is no hefty price tag so as long as levy keeps his sticky fingers of him I can see him flourishing into a spurs legend in hopefully what doesn't turn out to be a false dawn.

Anyway even if Kane fucks up the fans will always forgive him because he's one of us.

:townhmm::walker::dawsonmean::lennon:
sgqLs4u.jpg
2I9yWIF.jpg

I really wish it was true. But we have some of the most fickle fucking twats in our fan base that will be on his back in minutes screaming "I WAS RIGHT, I WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG!" "BOOO!".

I totally understand this argument and it has been trumpeted all across the Spurs internet sphere. But it's really hard to hold Kane back when he's already performing so much better than our other strikers. What do you do? His performances are heads and shoulder above Adebayor and Soldado, you can't very well just keep him behind when he's so far ahead.

Also, this is a much longer period of form then people are remembering. Let's not forget Kane came into the Premier League Team last season and scored three in three.

Last edited:
I totally understand this argument and it has been trumpeted all across the Spurs internet sphere. But it's really hard to hold Kane back when he's already performing so much better than our other strikers. What do you do? His performances are heads and shoulder above Adebayor and Soldado, you can't very well just keep him behind when he's so far ahead.

Also, this is a much longer period of form then people are remembering. Let's not forget Kane came into the Premier League Team last season and scored three in three.

Yeh can't imagine it does a player any good to be dropped when on form as well, he should be rested when tired.

He could be our new Defoe, in terms of output. 15-25 goal a season man. Not the messiah, but bloody useful. Probably more of a team man than JD and will grab a few more assists. Plus, he's one of our own.

I'm not expecting him to Bale us out and get points on his own like he did last week. I just want him in because you know what you're going to get from him, 110% effort and energy. About 10x the amount our £170k a week man puts in most games

Thing i like about Kane (as well as mason) is that they have been at the club for a long time on the fringes and never complain, when played they have given it everything they have and have turned out to be very important players for us this season. Kane deserves his chance to start the next few Prem games not only deserves but has earned that right IMO

Kane must start against Stoke. Maybe give him 60mins against Tripolis and hope he grabs a goal in that time but, as much as I'm ridiculously unimpressed by Ade and Soldado, I don't think he should be starting every game.

The prem is a big challenge and Poch has shown he's prepared to take risks with young players shown with the inclusion of Mason week in week out and it is paying off but, I don't want to see Kane burnt out by playing him too much. His inclusion has been vital in cup competitions and they are just as important as the league.

I know people will think that's controversial and disagree but success breeds success and IF we can grab a trophy from a cup then that is going to big good progress. If Kane can continue to grab goals in cups then lets keep that going instead of switching him to a regular starter in the league and using a goalshy Ade or Soldado in cups.

I do think he should get a start against Stoke because he has earned his place but I just don't think it should be every week.

He is obviously one of Poch's favorite sons and will be handled with care, if that is a good thing who knows?

I don't think many of us are expecting Kane to keep up his scoring average if he plays more in the league, but he's certainly ready for a start or five. Sherwood gave him a run and got three goals back. He's 21 and has played many PL games before. No need to overprotect him imv.

Definitely strongly agree with the sentiment that if you build Kane up to standards he can't reach, you'll only chastise him when he inevitably doesn't reach them. Happens constantly with English players. Even a really good one like Raheem Sterling was compared by Liverpool fans to how Messi and Ronaldo were at his age which only ends in being disappointed that you only have a top quality 20 year old Premier League winger on your hands.

Back
Top Bottom