Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How much I would accept?

Probably a minimum of 150m.

I would prefer a combination of players and money because I don't trust Levy/Paratici to spend the money wisely and I think there is potential that we could get better players coming from City (assuming they are willing) then we would likely buy.
I too would accept £150m, City have no players of value who would join us. Where is this £150m bid? If you think Harry is worth £150m why did Harry himself say £100m would be acceptable? In the history of football has any player of Kanes level ever went public with what price should be accepted?

We've just secured Sonny's future.
Ha ha ha!! How. By getting him to sign a new contract like Kane.

There'll be plenty of people on here shitting all over him and calling him a rat when he follows in the footsteps of Bale, Berbatov, Modric, Walker and Harry in the next year or two.

I mentioned Mod as the only one WHO WAS MADE TO STAY. I explained this clearly. Bale and Berb were not made to stay. Please respond to what I say, not what you want to hear.
Ok, so Modric, an exception to the sulking player rule, was made to stay and played well. The one example you have of your point. Fair enough.
Not getting into the Eriksen thing, it was handled badly but it's not comparative to this situation as no one was desperate to take him when he had 3 years left. Again already said this.
I never said Levy handled it well once did I? I wasn't incorrect, or if I was, quote me please.
But Eriksen was made to stay, 1.5 years longer and it didn't work out but you want to discount this answer because in your estimation 'no one was desperate to take him'. In CE's mind he was priced out of the market and there were takers for him in the 3 previous windows. This seems a more apropos example than Modric in regards to Harry. And no one really seems 'desperate' to take Harry either or they would have just paid the crazy money. Doesn't that stand to reason?

And I never said you positively assessed Levy's handling of the situation. I brought it up because it is what you are suggesting now with Harry, exorbitant fee or keep unhappy player. We might get stuck with an unhappy player and another 1.5 years of Eriksen performances. Not ideal IMO.
You're becoming hyperbolic and seem to be less interested in having a discussion as trying to win an argument. ' My goodness what dystopic future do you see '? Seriously? Please can we just stick to the facts of the discussion and what we've said? There's really no need for flowery bullshit that has nothing to do with what I've said.
Well, what future do you see? We have already been absolutely awful with Harry with awful EL losses and qualifying in bulgaria etc etc etc. Do you expect worse with him gone? I have been sticking to the facts.
When would you have sold Kane and for how much? What would it have done for us positively? Not saying you're definitely wrong (how can I on something that will never come to pass) but interested as to what you think was wrong with what I said (about the damage to the club) which you've not directly answered (not for the first time).
What did keeping him do for us positively? I've already said I would have been open to selling Harry for a few seasons now. How much and what would it have done for us positively is just conjecture at this point. But I can answer with facts what keeping him did for us these past few years...Europa Conference League, 2 managers gone, and mulitple midtable finishes, shit football, etc etc etc. Indisputable facts.
No one would've agreed with you on selling Kane and buying Haaland. Where you advocating signing him 2 or 3 years ago?
Doesn't matter that they wouldn't have agreed. They'd be wrong and I'd have been right as time has shown. And we'd have a younger, more threatening player and a more dynamic team fleshed out with the Harry money.

I was not advocating signing Haaland 3 seasons ago from RBS as I didn't know about him. I also didn't advocate signing him before BVB because I knew he wouldn't have come here. But I was advocating selling Harry and others and rebuilding becasue that is how you build a team from our position as opposed to hanging on to the bits of quality you have and hoping they lack the ambition for greater things. And yes, most didn't agree with me then. Thing is, even with the benefit of hindsight they still wouldn't. And yet here we are.

But no quotations I assume? I am not saying it didn't happen, I am sure something was talked about (probably prior to covid), but I was asking precisely what he has said. We don't exactly know what was talked about. I suspect - I am pretty sure actually - what was said was that Levy would sell Kane for a fair price. Kane seems to think £100m is a fair price.

I note the wording that Kane's team is reportedly using. A gentlemen's agreement by its very definition is not legally binding. To be honest, if someone tells me they have a gentlemen's agreement, I think of them as stupid.

Of course we don't know exactly what happened, but is there anything in Harry Kane's past to indicate that he is making it all up?

When looking at this situation who is acting out of character? Do you think Kane woke up and said all of a sudden I will start acting completely out of character for no reason?

I don't think there is anything that is legally binding and think that Kane is definitely naive for believing that Levy would go back on his word.

But it makes perfect sense that Levy promised Kane that he could go and went back on that and that is why Kane has reacted this way.

He'd join us because we are a bigger club than Fiorentina. No other club would be able to afford 50 million euros fee for him, and Fiorentina are under financial pressure to sell as his contract will run out in 2 years.

We'd only get him if no other top club wants him, even if he wanted to leave Fiorentina and Serie A.

Silly silly move today that only handicaps Kane. If City offer 100mil for Grealish, then Kane can't expect us to accept 100 for him. Why should we sell for less especially to another team in the Premier league and on top of that a rich rich club.

It absolutely frustrates me to no end this narrative of Kane needing to go elsewhere to win something. We've been in about 3 finals and a few semis, couple of league pushes. He is the main striker, failing to win something when it matters falls on him partially and he hasn't scored in any of the finals he's been in. He also hasn't got us into the finals with his goals from what I can remember.
Love Kane to bits as we all do on here but fuck me you would think we haven't got past a quarter finals the whole time he's been with us. Eventually he needs to step up and do it himself in a finals rather than this look that we are now beneath him and its the players around him are ruining it for him. It's total bullocks.

Hes bombarded his way to fitness to appear in finals in the past to literally do nothing all game now he wants to fuck off to City to finally win something with a team that is winning without him.

For me that's a lack of ambition, wanting to have a title gift wrapped rather than grinding it out himself.

Each to their own I can't knock him technically but if he leaves this season, as great as he has been and best in our prem era for spurs, he doesn't quite match some of the premier league assassins that really did it for their clubs. I'm talking the Agueros, Drogba, Rooney, Henry types. They had good players around them also but they were the talisman that never went missing in Cup finals. I've always said this about Kane that makes him that touch of the very best of the prem history for me.

Obviously speaking from a bitter tongue after today but its something I've said for a very long

What have I made up? Fucking hell mate you have said Levy hasn't honoured an agreement that you urself have said you don't know what it is.... Put down the shovel.

You said that I was Kane FC over Spurs and would follow Kane, you have said that I make arguments to be obtuse.

Stick to what I have said and you have been fine, its when you start going down the personal road making up things about me that I haven't said, thought, implied.

The thing with both Modric and Berby is even though Levy kept hold of them both have respected him and said they have no problem with what he did in hindsight.
In hindsight yea. Coz they were able to get their move in the end and achieve what they wanted. If they had ended up with nothing, theyd hate the bald fraud.

Also both Modric and Berbatov were younger when they got their move. So they had more chances to win things with a top team. Kane will be 29 next season, if he doesnt leave now, he wont win much in his life. We are not in a position to win anything for the next couple of years at the very least. There is absolutely zero reason for us to keep him. We NEED to sell and rebuild for the future.

We'd only get him if no other top club wants him, even if he wanted to leave Fiorentina and Serie A.
Which club can afford 50 million euros for Vlahovic?

United just signed Cavani and have Greenwood. City after Kane. Chelsea after Haaland and Lukaku. European clubs don't have the cash.
Maybe Liverpool if they want to replace Firmino, but no indication they want to do that.

You said that I was Kane FC over Spurs and would follow Kane, you have said that I make arguments to be obtuse.

Stick to what I have said and you have been fine, its when you start going down the personal road making up things about me that I haven't said, thought, implied.
So you haven't said Levy reneged on an agreement then said you didn't know what it was? Do you not see that's fucking obtuse?

Back
Top Bottom