Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Are you suggesting we start him on a run of games? He hasn't earned it because I don't think he's good enough.
Tommy Carroll, 12 games at Leyton Orients in 2011, 12 at Derby in 2012, was given plenty of time off the bench last year and he has performed brilliantly.
At Milwall Kane scored 10 in 28 after playing the majority of games behind the striker or at LM. So why not give him at least a few games off the bench in cups?

How do you suggest he 'earns it'?
Be a better player. I don't think he's good enough for Spurs based on what I've seen, I've seen first hand what he can do in the Europa League, I wasn't that impressed. If I'm wrong, then it'd be a huge boost, we don't appear to be touting him out to other clubs so perhaps AVB sees what you see.

Tommy Carroll, 12 games at Leyton Orients in 2011, 12 at Derby in 2012, was given plenty of time off the bench last year and he has performed brilliantly.
At Milwall Kane scored 10 in 28 after playing the majority of games behind the striker or at LM. So why not give him at least a few games off the bench in cups?
He got a few chances in the Europa League didn't he? Didn't set the world alight, at least Townsend and Carroll made an impression.

He hasn't been given near enough opportunities under AVB - not as much as Carroll and Livermore for example - I think that's the point some are looking to make
Where we stand is, you think it's unfair, and I don't think it's unfair. I've seen him play on a few occasions and he hasn't impressed me. A loan spell to either a newly promoted side or a Championship side who plays good football is needed.

this. Maybe then I'll change my view. He just doesn't get involved enough when I've seen him in a Spurs shirt.
of course I'm not saying we bench Soldado to play him, but I think he should at least be getting a good 10 mins off the bench every so often. We already loaned him to the championship when he got 2012 Milwall young player of the year, and to a newly promoted team in Norwich who chose to play Holt week in week out so there wasn't a place for him.

of course I'm not saying we bench Soldado to play him, but I think he should at least be getting a good 10 mins off the bench every so often. We already loaned him to the championship when he got 2012 Milwall young player of the year, and to a newly promoted team in Norwich who chose to play Holt week in week out so there wasn't a place for him.
he did his metatarsal, nothing to do with Holt. So, he needs a loan spell at a good side where he'll get games.

Harry Kane is big and ponderous in an age where a striker especially one expected to play on their own cant afford to be. I have seen him play for the youth team and on TV in the EL games, don't see him making it at Spurs.

Decent touch and awareness but simply not mobile enough for AVB, or the PL..

The next Grant Holt

He's still young so he can get more benefit from a loan then he can from 10mins every so often. He needs to play at PL level. He's not going to get that time at Spurs because we need strikers who are the finished product right now.

Those same people that you said give Kane unfair stick?

Nope, since Kane never got any ratings cast last season.

So because you disagree with Windy about Defoe you therefore completely dismiss his opinion on other players. That's just petty.

Back
Top Bottom