Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You will all know if we are going to win after the first 15 mins, if we are playing at pace, moving the ball quickly and aggressive in the tackle we will win, if we are slow, apprehensive and weak , we wont , simple really

You will all know if we are going to win after the first 15 mins, if we are playing at pace, moving the ball quickly and aggressive in the tackle we will win, if we are slow, apprehensive and weak , we wont , simple really
Let’s just play the ball in their half

I can relax then

Still traumatised after that first half against the scum

It’s not daft at all.

What’s daft is claiming that Kane is world class, a better all round player today, the reason for his form is lack of supply, he always goes through these patches and will come good and start smashing them in soon and finish top scorer like he always does…….but then saying you’d drop him for Danny Ings because he’s had four poor games.

Now for me, I’d drop him for a whole host of reasons going back years.
But anyone who thinks he was world class last season must be a right twat to want to drop him today.
Point is you have to have someone to drop him for who you think will do a better job.

Tactically I actually thought Pochettino did well on the night. Our setup was pretty good, we conceded because of a silly decision, and (I believe?) a set piece which landed with Origi, and fair play he finished it superbly.
You claimed a couple hours ago we were never in it and Liverpool were totally comfortable all night

:mourfacepalm:

You claimed a couple hours ago we were never in it and Liverpool were totally comfortable all night

:mourfacepalm:

Yawn. Didn't say this. Second time you've repeated a lie.

Liverpool were comfortable, but not because of a tactical error to my mind, but because Sissoko chucked an arm in the air and gave them a free goal, and because the personnel lacked the ability to change the game.

We got in to some OK positions and were not struggling defensively, so the overall setup was okay. If Pochettino made errors it was with team selection, I didn't see a glaring tactical mistake he's meant to have made. Guilty of not being creative enough at worst.

Yawn. Didn't say this. Second time you've repeated a lie.

Liverpool were comfortable, but not because of a tactical error to my mind, but because Sissoko chucked an arm in the air and gave them a free goal, and because the personnel lacked the ability to change the game.

We got in to some OK positions and were not struggling defensively, so the overall setup was okay. If Pochettino made errors it was with team selection, I didn't see a glaring tactical mistake he's meant to have made. Guilty of not being creative enough at worst.
So our tactics were so good they couldn’t deal with going 1-0 down

Our tactics were based around a system we didn’t have players for, but were good?

Back
Top Bottom