Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

5CTWN4.png

Played a lot more like a CF today. 👍

5CTWN4.png

Played a lot more like a CF today. 👍

If you're implying that he played better because of Nunos formation/tactics, I'd say no, doesn't have much to do with it. He plays as an out and out striker for England and I think it's fair to say that he hasn't been very sharp for both club and country for quite some time now. That said, he had a good game and looked much better

Last edited:
Played up front today. Finally.
Not a deep player.
Thought he was so much sharper. Winning duels , making runs etc.. That's what I wanted to see more than anything. We know he can score but the contribution was poor previously.

If you're implying that he played better because of Nunos formation/tactics, I'd say no, doesn't have much to do with it. He plays as an out and out striker for England and I think it's fair to say that he hasn't been very sharp for both club and country for quite some time now. That said, he had a good game and looked much better
I don’t believe the mantra either.

Kane was better because he was better. You don’t lose the ability to trap a ball, run, battle, jump for headers and shoot because you played a few meters deeper.

He was up for it, plain and simple.

Otherwise I guess we can all just thank Nuno and the midfield for Kane’s performance right. Like it’s “their fault” when he’s shit…

From there they controlled the pace the game was played at, and were comfortable

When you say “from there” you’re talking about the penalty. That was 30 seconds in.

So the whole game they controlled and were comfortable,

Can you explain how we were tactically spot on?
You can scream LIAR! all you want, and talk shit about every single player underperforming and not creating a thing, and us not getting into any situations etc, but none of that makes sense if you are saying the set up and balance was all correct.

You mean it was good for 30 seconds?
Or not changing anything to deal with the scoreline and ineffectiveness of our attack was a good tactical approach?

I don’t get it. What was right tactically if nothing worked?

Was the tactical set up good if Liverpool controlled the game and were comfortable for 90 minutes?

I don’t believe the mantra either.

Kane was better because he was better. You don’t lose the ability to trap a ball, run, battle, jump for headers and shoot because you played a few meters deeper.

He was up for it, plain and simple.

Otherwise I guess we can all just thank Nuno and the midfield for Kane’s performance right. Like it’s “their fault” when he’s shit…
And well… it was against Newcastle which I’m sure had something to do with it. Maybe more time and space? He looked great against Mura and Pacos as well.

Playing further up forward is not in the top 5 list of reasons why he played better.

It’s a nonsense really, people said the same about Dele, so why isn’t anyone demanding Dele start in a front three then?

Oh yeah, because he’s shit, not because he played deep.
Spot on. He literally just went from a striker dropping back a bit more than he’s accustomed to, to a striker playing further forward.

If that was the 200 million pound secret all along, then my god, we have more issues to worry about.

Last edited:

It's not a comment upon formation/tactics.

A few games ago his heat map showed him stuck out on the left wing for the bulk of the game.

For England and Spurs he's regularly caught (and criticised for being) too deep to be in and around the box to be an option for the final ball.

Whether these things were managerially directed or not, these are just facts.

......And no he didn't magically become sharp/fit since last Tuesday's England game. He hasn't got the legs to play like a box 2 box MF (albeit with another 18 yards bolted onto the remit!) - rare that a player of his size would - but he ought to be able to run within the confines of a more traditional CF positioning and he showed yesterday that he is still capable of doing so.

Was there also a mental shift from where his head has been at the last couple of months too? Hopefully so....

He just needs to stay up there and the goals will come. We are creating chances now at last.
When he misses chances, we also create chances. He just misses them.

How many open chances did we create for him yesterday? I don’t remember him shooting an awful lot, the difference was this time he was clinical with the one big through on goal chance he had.

Had he out that wide, people would be saying today that he had nothing to work with

It’s a myth that when Kane doesn’t score it’s because he didn’t have a chance to

It was only Newcastle but Kane was much, much better yesterday and so were we as a team. Even the best players around suffer with a lack of confidence at times and I believe with Harry it's just been about that as much as anything else. I've said for a while now that as soon as he gets his first Premier League goal, a lot will follow, so we'll see how that plays out.

But it was very nice to see both Kane and Ndombele play well at the same time. Along with Son of course, there just might be a bit of hope left yet in regards to having a half decent season.

Hope the fair-weather critics on here apologise to Harry Kane. Maybe they wanted to spend the m,oney on Rondon or Joelinton/ Glad the board ignored the morons who wanted to sell Kane on this forum.

They are Crystal Palace fans IMO.

Back
Top Bottom