Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Love the way he played after his first goal yesterday. It seemed that rather than staying up front, battling it out against two defenders and mostly losing the ball, as he does when he's struggling, he involved himself all over the pitch, finding more space for himself and creating space for his team mates. I saw a bit of the 14/15 Kane that I've missed this season and last. He was on fire.

Great game (after, and including, the first goal)!

Screenshot_304.png

Let's be honest, he's in some bloody good company.
I'd be interested to see whether this changes if you make an adjustment of some sort to allow for the fact that quite a lot of Kane's early appearances were short period sub ins. It was different for the c#nt above him who was already an established starter when Wenger brought him in (Monaco, juve)

Btw, Shearer is just a god, is he not? What he did is unreal

I'd be interested to see whether this changes if you make an adjustment of some sort to allow for the fact that quite a lot of Kane's early appearances were short period sub ins. It was different for the c#nt above him who was already an established starter when Wenger brought him in (Monaco, juve)

I think that takes Kane to 58 from 87 matches.
All those foreign players had established themselves in top flight football prior to this as well.

So he's most comparable to his English counterparts. Shearer was great, wonder what his old first division stats were prior to that.

The fact he's on that list is impressive, that he's landed in our lap via the academy is pure gravy. Levy must hold on to him for the next decade. We build a side around Kane and we will win trophies in the next decade.

So a random Italian site has said Account Milan and Man Utd are preparing a bid for Kane, then British media copy + paste.

It's funny it doesn't matter what he says the papers want him to move so bad.

I know they only so it as a clickbait basically but it's crazy people get paid to chat shit.

So a random Italian site has said Account Milan and Man Utd are preparing a bid for Kane, then British media copy + paste.

It's funny it doesn't matter what he says the papers want him to move so bad.

I know they only so it as a clickbait basically but it's crazy people get paid to chat shit.
"Hello, Harry? Silvio Berlusconi here, how would you like the opportunity to make less money than you're currently earning and maybe qualify for the Europa League if you're lucky?"

Shearer was immense and one of my fave non Spurs players ever so I'm not trying to take anything away from him here.

Shearer played 3 or 4 seasons in the old first division before the premier league was formed and his stats there were less impressive than Kane's , his first 100 games in the premier league were during the most productive period of his career for Blackburn Rovers.

Kane is the only striker in that list who wasn't already established at first team level before their PL debut.

Speaking after Spurs hammered Watford 4-1 on New Year's Day, Kane said: "We definitely don't want to be the team that lets Chelsea break that record.

"Of course, we know that's in our mind, we were just talking about it there in the changing room.

"We don't want to be that team they break the record against so we're fully focused. It's going to be a great game and we're excited for it."

Back
Top Bottom